New update for P3P

Reaction score
Hi,

I've updated my controller through the DJI go app and now I have lost live feed. There is just a black screen but I know the controller is connected to the drone because there is a solid green light on the control. I have tried to update the drone, remote and nothing has worked. I've contacted DJI support and all they said was for me to bring in my drone for inspection. I've read previous posts and YouTube videos but I haven't had luck. I am using an iPad mini with 130 GB of free space so I should be fine. Has anyone had any luck?

Btw my versions are:

App: 3.1.23
Aircraft: 1.11.20
Remote: 1.9.3

Thanks!

I had this happen to me 2 days ago on my P3P. Same thing.

I turned off tablet (Mini 4) and restarted it. This did not work so I turned off tablet, controller and aircraft. Waited a few minutes then turned on tablet, controller then aircraft and it has been fine since.

I did not connect cable from RC to tablet until about 1 minute after I turned on RC and AC.

Try that. I hope it works for you.

Reactions: DrDoom
I got it fixed! I just updated my tablet to the new iOS and turned everything on and it worked

Yes, there is a procedure that works best. Here's how I do it:

1) Be sure controller cable is disconnected.

2) Turn on controller

3) Turn on AC

4) Turn on mobile device.

5) Wait.

6) When mobile device has booted up, swipe the screen or do whatever it is you usually do to access the main front page screen on the device.

7) Connect the controller cable.

8) On my Android, I get a pop up asking me if I want to use the usb for the Go App or something else? I indicate yes, the Go app.

9) On my Android, I get a pop up asking me if I want to use it this way just this once or always? I indicate just this once.

10) Wait about 30 secs or so.

11) If the Go app doesn't start up on its own, launch the Go app.

12) You should eventually see a screen that shows your P3P. (If you don't see your P3P and instead see an Inspire, try swiping the photo to the left or right) When you see your P3P, touch Camera.

13) You should then be connected with FPV and telemetry.

Reactions: DrDoom
I had this happen to me 2 days ago on my P3P. Same thing.

I turned off tablet (Mini 4) and restarted it. This did not work so I turned off tablet, controller and aircraft. Waited a few minutes then turned on tablet, controller then aircraft and it has been fine since.

I did not connect cable from RC to tablet until about 1 minute after I turned on RC and AC.

Try that. I hope it works for you.

Thank you

What was the need for the updated controller?

Hi,

I've updated my controller through the DJI go app and now I have lost live feed. There is just a black screen but I know the controller is connected to the drone because there is a solid green light on the control. I have tried to update the drone, remote and nothing has worked. I've contacted DJI support and all they said was for me to bring in my drone for inspection. I've read previous posts and YouTube videos but I haven't had luck. I am using an iPad mini with 130 GB of free space so I should be fine. Has anyone had any luck?

Btw my versions are:

App: 3.1.23
Aircraft: 1.11.20
Remote: 1.9.3

Thanks!
You did say you think it's connected cause you see a green light on the controller. still have you tried to rebind when you updated? i read here that it has helped after the new firmware to rebind even if it looks like all is connected. Maybe not, but what's to lose?

You know that you don't have to do it right?

I guess but since I still have DJI care I still update because I don't want them to use that as an excuse for them not to honor my DJI care in case of an accident. I know it sounds silly but judging from previous people's interactions with them I wouldn't consider that far fetched

Reactions: JoBe
You did say you think it's connected cause you see a green light on the controller. still have you tried to rebind when you updated? i read here that it has helped after the new firmware to rebind even if it looks like all is connected. Maybe not, but what's to lose?

Yeah I did but for some reason turning it on and off like someone described above did the trick .-.

Reactions: JoBe
Hello Phantom Pilots

I did my upgrade my P3P couple months ago,
App 3.1.23 (IOS)
AC 1.11.20
RC 1.9.3

No problem during upgrade, but... I have "Weak Image Transmission" and went to "No Image Transmission" very often.

In the beginning, I was thinking it because I'm flying the AC in the hectic wifi area. Then I went to open space area, and still got this problem.
Also when I hold the AC on the top part, I can see the message come up with "Weak Image Transmission". I did linked the RC and AC as well

Does anyone here have the same problem ? Should I put antenna booster to overcome this problem ?

Please advice

Reactions: Chris_airview
Hello Phantom Pilots

I did my upgrade my P3P couple months ago,
App 3.1.23 (IOS)
AC 1.11.20
RC 1.9.3

No problem during upgrade, but... I have "Weak Image Transmission" and went to "No Image Transmission" very often.

In the beginning, I was thinking it because I'm flying the AC in the hectic wifi area. Then I went to open space area, and still got this problem.
Also when I hold the AC on the top part, I can see the message come up with "Weak Image Transmission". I did linked the RC and AC as well

Does anyone here have the same problem ? Should I put antenna booster to overcome this problem ?

Please advice
I do have the xact same issues since i updated the kit. Weak image, lagging feed, lost connection when over around 700 feet....

i tried turnoff all wireless on my iphon or ipad and didn't worked out The only i got better feed was by going on manual channel selection and lowering the feed at 4 Mbps... But i still can't go further than 700 feet an till have a lagging feed over 400 feet

Who can help ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik