New to the Phantom scene

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new to the Phantom and Drone scene in general. Just posting as an introduction in general. I have currently purchased a Phantom 3 Standard through the recent discounts on refurbished models. I think it was a great deal, as the drone I received seemed to be in brand new condition, I believe it was purchased and immediately returned with no flight time. So, I was able to buy this seemingly new P3S for $329. I bought it in the hopes of including home repair estimates, roof estimates, and real estate videography in my current business. So far, I have had no issues with the drone, flight time seems reasonable given wind conditions, flight characteristics are exceptional, and photography and videos appear crisp. I have added an after market range extender do to high amounts of WiFi signals in my area (I live in a suburb of a major city). The extender I have used is the BlueProton kit by AGRtex through Amazon. It does pretty well, before installation I was able to reach 800 feet before signal interference, and now I can reach 1300-1600. I expect in a rural location I could reach more. Does anyone have any suggestions on range extenders? I have also completed my UAS rating through the FAA. I recommend giving it a try, as the test was not exceptionally difficult. Thank you.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

...I have also completed my UAS rating through the FAA. I recommend giving it a try, as the test was not exceptionally difficult. Thank you.

Can you be more specific, please? Which UAS rating are you referring to and which study materials do you recommend?

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

So, no response after just one post? Not meaning to be too snarky or cynical but it's what I expected. (Subtle clues in the original post). Maybe I'm wrong but there it is, FWIW. Okay, going back out to sea now. Carry on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie