New to the Forum and bought a faulty Vision 2 Plus

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just took the plunge on an impulse buy of a faulty vision 2 plus from eBay. Wanted a Phantom for a while but not really had the available funds, so took the plunge on this one. First question is from the description do you guys reckon it was a stupid impulse or should manage to rectify it and get it going again???

Here is the link: Dji phantom 2 vision + Faulty | eBay

Thanks in advance!

Terry

I think it was a courageous purchase - let's just put it that way :grinning:

That controller looks and sounds suspiciously like a P2V controller rather than a P2V+ controller, which means the range won't be as strong as it should be, and now we have to question which range extender he gave you. If he gave you an RE500, then he misled you and took advantage of you and you should return it, IMO.

Welcome to the site!

Yep, brave!
the listing is a bit vague on what the problems are, hopefully it won't be too bad - but....

Having said that, you may be able to make some money back selling parts individually if you can't revive the quad - camera if it works and range extender (as Mark said, if it's the RE700 then good, RE500 - bad)
And, for that price, I'd want the battery

Thanks for the input guys, not actually paid for the listing yet and won it on a best offer of $200 Australian dollars not the list price.

So chances of it flying again would be slim do you think?!!

Really hard to say, but I suspect you'd be spending not far off the same again to get it right.
At $200 aus it looks less of a problem than it would have at the listed price.
To put it in context, I bought a never used (stored for 2 years) P2V with everything for £160 GB pounds. The P2V is older and cheaper than the P2V+ admittedly, but with a cheap ebay gimbal and a RE700 it's still pretty good. Prices are falling too due to the Mavic and upcoming P4 pro, I reckon you could find a used good P3S for not a lot more than you'll likely spend getting that one flying.

Wow! That thing was really busted up - that was a gutsy purchase. Somebody got a good deal. I'd consider myself lucky to sell my completely functional P2V+ for $200 USD.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.