New to flying

Reaction score
Hey all.. Im new to flying and the forums. In preparation for doing real estate inspections, I've started flying a beginner quad copter. It's a dx-3 stuntdrone and I've been getting the hang of flying on a cheap model, before I get a nicer model. The one thing I didn't anticipate- how much fun I'd be having! This a blast!!! I'm practicing inverted controls and getting better everyday.
The phantom 3 standard has caught my attention as the drone for me. I don't need much range to film a 2 story rooftop and the affordable price is right on par. I see them for about $300 - $400 used.
I can't wait to get practiced up enough to justify the purchase...for um business purposes...yeah..lol..
How good at inverted controls should one be before making the leap from toy to the real thing? I'm anxious to try, but my wallet says not yet...

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirkclod
Don't forget you will need a Part 107 License for business use. Welcome aboard.

I guess you are from US, so do not forget the cost of your training for qualification and commercial flying as noted in Fly Dawg post, similar rules here in UK. You mention your wallet, so bear in mind.

Reactions: aermale
Thanks for the info. I'm wasn't aware of the 107 license. I suppose I could fly recreational without a license while I get ready for the 107

Welcome to the forum aerale .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: aermale
d06614295ac2c72588cc7f95408284c4.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT