Howdy from NorCal

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm a noob pilot. I bought an fc40 which is refitted with 2 axis gimbal & more powerful battery.
Bought it 6 years ago but never been in the air.
I have years of RC cars & trucks but flying is a whole other animal.
Anyway when things start getting back to "normal" I will join the local flying club. I want do do thing properly & safely.
I have a much nicer, more expensive drone but feel the phantom is a good platform for learning.
So forgive me if I begin picking your much more knowledgeable minds for essential info. & of course silly noob questions but I'm sure this forum contains a wealth of knowledge.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Reactions: Capt KO
Hi, from Florida ?

If you get proficient with the old Phantom, you will be amazed at the new drone. They are Much easier to fly.
Enjoy, have fun.

Make sure the club accepts or even likes drones. I wasn’t very welcome at my local one. Found other places to fly and like minded pilots.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for the warm welcome.
From what I read at the clubs website they are OK with drones. Luckily where we live we have lots of room to fly & it's picturesque. Hills & a lake so can get some good video.
I'm sure I will have some question to post in the forum & I thank everyone in advance for answers.

Maniac,

Welcome aboard. I joined a couple of these forums a couple of years ago and find them invaluable. People are quite willing to help and there is so much collective experience and knowledge here. So as Dirkclod said, do ask questions.

Where in NorCal are you? I am in Santa Rosa and am always looking for places to fly around here. (The coast is fantastic, but the thought of flying my birds out over those rocks and waves in the winds....)

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi.
I'm a noob pilot. I bought an fc40 which is refitted with 2 axis gimbal & more powerful battery.
Bought it 6 years ago but never been in the air.
I have years of RC cars & trucks but flying is a whole other animal.
Anyway when things start getting back to "normal" I will join the local flying club. I want do do thing properly & safely.
I have a much nicer, more expensive drone but feel the phantom is a good platform for learning.
So forgive me if I begin picking your much more knowledgeable minds for essential info. & of course silly noob questions but I'm sure this forum contains a wealth of knowledge.

Welcome, NorCal has some of the best scenery bar none. From rugged coastal views to in land hills with their summer golds and winter greens.

It takes some doing to find spots to fly however. Most local parks and all of the EBRPD are off limits, south of the area the state parks around Monterey and Carmel have all adopted bans. Your best bet for coastal flights is North past Point Reyes, in land you have more options. Basically, the more you get away from people, the fewer restrictions are in place. Around the metro areas, it’s more of a challenge.

Have fun.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj