New Sunshade

Reaction score
Just bought one of the new Glare Buster Sunshades from
AerialDroneAccessories.com. This thing is outstanding. Got it for my P3 Adv. with an Ipad mini2. It is built really well without being to bulky and the design of it let me remove the anti-glare screen protector I had on my i pad. This makes the screen nice and clear and with this shade you dont need it because there is no glare. This thing is the bomb. If you like to be able to see your screen and no glare check it out.

Reactions: Mr G
I prefer the Hi Aerial hoods. They work well, but you don't need the second extension that they promote.

When I visited the AerialDroneAccessories site, I found this for sale:

upload_2017-11-9_14-29-44.png

Anyone that sells this POS for as an "amplifier" is not serious about drones. Using CD's as a parabolic dish? This looks more like a hillbilly antenna shield (no offense to hillbillys by the way). This junk isn't even a decent range extender, and you can buy a real windsurfer for under $20. This shows the integrity of this vendor. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I prefer the Hi Aerial hoods. They work well, but you don't need the second extension that they promote.

View attachment 90577

Anyone that sells this POS for as an "amplifier" is not serious about drones. Using CD's as a parabolic dish? This looks more like a hillbilly antenna shield (no offense to hillbillys by the way). This junk isn't even a decent range extender, and you can buy a real windsurfer for under $20. This shows the integrity of this vendor. They should be ashamed of themselves.[/QUOT

Yeah I dont like the CD Arial thing but he dont specialize in this he is a shade vendor. The problem with the one you are using is it is cumbersome to me, I have tried one and it does away with LOS also. You got your face stuck in that thing and cant see anything else.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I dont like the CD Arial thing but he dont specialize in this he is a shade vendor. The problem with the one you are using is it is cumbersome to me, I have tried one and it does away with LOS also. You got your face stuck in that thing and cant see anything else.
[/QUOTE]
No that's not true. I don't stick my face in it, it's typically about 15" away, just like yours. Like I said you don't need the second level hood extension, just the lower hood is all you need, and that's perfect for VLOS up and down views.

I find the advantage is it's got the 4th wall to keep out more reflections, and it folds away nicely, flat, to fit in my backpack, less bulky than the thick walled unit you have.

In this photo of yours you can see the glare in the screen because it's missing the bottom wall.
upload_2017-11-9_16-10-52.png

This Hi Aerial unit below has thinner walls, lighter and less bulky, and the 4 wall design prevents more glare IMO. This unit uses magnets to quickly come apart and assemble. It lays pretty flat with dismounted.

upload_2017-11-9_16-12-39.png

View attachment 90577

Anyone that sells this POS for as an "amplifier" is not serious about drones. Using CD's as a parabolic dish? This looks more like a hillbilly antenna shield (no offense to hillbillys by the way). This junk isn't even a decent range extender, and you can buy a real windsurfer for under $20. This shows the integrity of this vendor. They should be ashamed of themselves.
" a real windsurfer for under $20"
this does not fit an Phantom 3 SE.

Last edited:
Sorry, my message was late, gotten a phone call.....lol

No that's not true. I don't stick my face in it, it's typically about 15" away, just like yours. Like I said you don't need the second level hood extension, just the lower hood is all you need, and that's perfect for VLOS up and down views.

I find the advantage is it's got the 4th wall to keep out more reflections, and it folds away nicely, flat, to fit in my backpack, less bulky than the thick walled unit you have.

In this photo of yours you can see the glare in the screen because it's missing the bottom wall.
View attachment 90583

This Hi Aerial unit below has thinner walls, lighter and less bulky, and the 4 wall design prevents more glare IMO. This unit uses magnets to quickly come apart and assemble. It lays pretty flat with dismounted.

View attachment 90584[/QUOTE]

That is not the new glare buster. That is the regular one. The glare buster leans back and has a black finish on the underside of the top that reflects a black image on your screen taking all the glare away.
643AF5DC-AE76-42CB-AC86-AE9F1C395E14-2640-000000887B54F95A.jpg

Reactions: Mr G
I've got less than $6 in this, plus some time.
It sandwiches the Tablet which make it's extremely rigid.
$3 for plenty of foam board plus some Velcro and you can make it however You want IE Long, Short, Tapered or Squared.
I bought white Velcro thinking I was going to cover it white, then figured out the heat doesn't get through at all.

This is actually #2 because I didn't like how short the first one was, so for $3 more I built two and have plenty of board left over to replace a piece if I need to :)

The edges are rough looking because I didn't bother covering or protecting them (thinking this was going to be short lived and disposable), but it has lasted for several months as is...

Trap door drops down so it's easy to put my hand where ever I want/need to tap on the screen...
This one is on my Shield K1 and I also have a 9.7" Tablet that I'll be making one for next...

I fly in BRIGHT sun a lot and also when the sun is behind me so I prefer mine long...
VLOS is still just as easy for me = simply looking up even if/when I have my face right up to it...

K1-SunShade-1.jpg
K1-SunShade-2.jpg

K1-SunShade-3.jpg
K1-SunShade-4.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Good luck with Banggood. I have had issues with them. They are not a very good company to do business with. I have a open case with PayPal right now with them. Been a month and have not received what I ordered.
I recently have a undelivered order and they refunded me and it only took 3 days. The packaging from their suppliers sometimes is iffy at best.

$16.99 is far too much You can actually get the exact same one as you've cited for less than $5 here.

View attachment 90577

Yep and anything that reflects RF and that close to the antennas would detune the antennas so much they would be almost useless as anything related to directing the RF anywhere! Yes even a Hillbilly would have used a tin can. [emoji12]
Thanks for warning others.
Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl