New Style Remote With P2 & H3-2D Gimball

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently(about 3 months ago when they first came out) purchased the upgrade kit for my Phantom 2 with the H3-2D gimbal. It came with the new motors, esc's and the new style remote. I bought it from Drone Camps. The RC control I found out was not compatible with my gimbal. I do like the new style remote so this weekend I took it apart and removed the centering spring and installed a fiber washer
for some tension on the gimbal control, I have not tested it yet.
I was just wondering if there was any other reason the remote would not work.
When I first bound it to my P2 everything worked as it should except the gimbal, it would go back to center. I did not fly it this way.
This is just an idea and I will test it this week. I thought some of you that still have the H3-2D gimbal might be interested in this.
Joe

Hi,
I recently(about 3 months ago when they first came out) purchased the upgrade kit for my Phantom 2 with the H3-2D gimbal. It came with the new motors, esc's and the new style remote. I bought it from Drone Camps. The RC control I found out was not compatible with my gimbal. I do like the new style remote so this weekend I took it apart and removed the centering spring and installed a fiber washer
for some tension on the gimbal control, I have not tested it yet.
I was just wondering if there was any other reason the remote would not work.
When I first bound it to my P2 everything worked as it should except the gimbal, it would go back to center. I did not fly it this way.
This is just an idea and I will test it this week. I thought some of you that still have the H3-2D gimbal might be interested in this.
Joe

If the gimbal won't move down or back up on the bench what make you think it will work while in the air? Smiley Oh No.jpg

jason,
The gimbal movement works, it always goes back to the center of its travel, about 45 degrees. This is because the gimbal control has a spring in it to bring the control back to center. The H3-2D gimbal will only work relative to the gimbal control Like the old style RC. Not like the upgraded version or the Vision +3.0.
I'm probably not explaining this very well.
Joe

Last edited:
I just bound the RC to my P2, calibrated both the RC and the P2 and the gimbal works as it should with the new style remote.
I will update more after I have flown it some.
Joe

J Dot,
At power up it points straight out (tipped up all the way) and then points relative to the gimbal control position.
Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic