New shell and battery connection problems

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently had a bad crash with my Phantom 2. So bad that I needed to get a new shell for it. So far, moving the guts into the new shell has been going okay, except for the metal prongs that connect to the battery. That part isn't lining up properly. When the battery goes in, its metal part doesn't line up with the metal prongs. Any advice on how to fix this?

Thank you.

image.jpeg The metal prongs are mounted on two post with screws and are fixed. What problem are you having getting them I place.

Hello,

I recently had a bad crash with my Phantom 2. So bad that I needed to get a new shell for it. So far, moving the guts into the new shell has been going okay, except for the metal prongs that connect to the battery. That part isn't lining up properly. When the battery goes in, its metal part doesn't line up with the metal prongs. Any advice on how to fix this?

Thank you.

I don't remember exactly but on the P2's there is a plastic post on the bottom shell that must align correctly into the contacts block (forward end of it). If it isn't lined up with the hole in the contacts block assy. it causes the whole thing to be misaligned and not allow the battery to mate up correctly.

Once that post is mated up properly it should slip into the hole in the contact block allowing the block to be in the correct position. Then replace the two screws and it should be perfect.

Since I haven't replaced a P3 shell yet, I just assume that it is similar to the P2's.

I have mounted them on the posts, but they aren't lining up with the battery.

The battery terminal is not seated correctly or its damaged and needs to be replaced. As johnp44 mentioned there an alignment pin under the terminal.

When i painted my drone i gutted it and you can definitely tell when you seat the connection correctly. It takes a minute or two but be patient and don't tighten screws unless your sure

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl