New PV2+ coming next week! what mode to start in?

Reaction score
I have been reading a lot about these quad copters and finally hit the place order button last night on a new vision plus. I have completely read the manual, and plan to read it again a couple times before it arrives. I have also downloaded both the assistant software and the Android app and am patiently waiting for Thursday to arrive so I can hold this mid life crisis in my hands. My question is, should I start out in vision 2 mode, or go with naza mode from the start? Most everything I'm seeing has people saying they wished they would have made the switch to naza sooner than they did. Do I need to get my feet wet in vision 2 mode first?

The thing to keep in mind is it's really not a different mode. It just adds additional functionality to your switches for the most part. I would switch to NAZA right off the bat.

I think It is not a bad idea to start in phantom mode for few flights, and when you get it comfortably down then change it to NAZA mode and play with some of the additional features.

For your first few flights you're more interested in orientation and control. The additional features of NAZA won't come in to play and it will keep you from making a mistake in your switch positions.

Enjoy!

I'm a brand new p2V+ pilot and after reading as much as I could on the subject- could NOT think of a reason I would use anything BUT Naza mode.

I think the only thing that can make Naza "dangerous" for newbies is if you set P1 to manual.

In my opinion, as a newbie, its even MORE valuable to have FAILSAFE mode and HOME LOCK than it might be for an "advanced pilot."

I really think DJI should reconfigure these modes.

SAFE MODE should have GPS and FAILSAFE on P1 (no manual or atti), and Home LOCK on P2
ADVANCED MODE: should add the other options.

To me, this is the best of both worlds.... in my humble super newbie opinion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl