New Props for V3.0 for use on earier version any problem

Reaction score
I ordered a new set of props as spares for my P2V+ that's not a V3.0, don't know if mines a V1 or V2.

I didn't know they used different props.

The old prop is part #9443 and the new for the V3.0 is part #9450.

The new prop has more pitch and said to be more efficient.

The V3.0 uses different motors also.

Any reason not to use the #9450 props on mine, don't want to harm the motors?

props.JPG

One more question, how do I find out what version mine is, it's either a 1 or 2? I know it's not a v3 because the radio is different.

give it a shot. 9450's worked better on my p2v+ v2 than the original 9443 , on the P2 v+ my favorite blade was the 9450 CF enhanced that DJI sells.

I used 9450's on my version 2 P2v+,I noticed a slight improvement in performance, my top speed on my Flytrex went up a bit,47 MPH in ATTI mode.
I heard it suggested they may improve on VRS.
Anyway I sold my P2 and upped to a P4. Give the new blades a try, the cost is very small, and you will not crash as a result.

Thanks guys.

I asked because I used to play around with boats (real ones) and the running the correct prop pitch and size made a big difference.

I looks like the motors are taller on the V3.0 that also made me think it good question.

Yes.

DJI has tuned or optimized the motor, prop, and ESC firmware for the best performance for a camera platform.
Always use DJI brand props.

Yes.

DJI has tuned or optimized the motor, prop, and ESC firmware for the best performance for a camera platform.
Always use DJI brand props.

Both props in question are DJI props, not sure what you are talking about.

But I agree, my none V3.0 P2V+ is optimized in the firmware for the original prop for it, the #9443. Both prop part numbers are for the P2V+.

I prefer the 9443, I found the 9450 gave some vibration and jello due to the fact they are stiffer
Trouble is the 9443 original DJI ones are hard to get hold of, unless you don't mind the knock off ones on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: RickB
I prefer the 9443, I found the 9450 gave some vibration and jello due to the fact they are stiffer
Trouble is the 9443 original DJI ones are hard to get hold of, unless you don't mind the knock off ones on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This why I asked about it, I thought it had to make a difference, and most likely not for the better.

I have two sets of the 9443 and this extra set of 9450's as backups.

Is DJI still making the 9443 prop? I'll take a wild guess ans say no since it seems in this hobby anything that's over two years old is not supported very much. That is a thing that I don't like. Just think if your car needed parts or support from the manufacturer and it was three years old. Sell it and buy a new one. I believe that is a plan they would love to implement. Even if I had started out with the latest and greatest quadcopter rather a used two year old I would expect support for many years. I will be considering that before I think about ever buying another.

One more question, how do I find out what version mine is, it's either a 1 or 2? I know it's not a v3 because the radio is different.

Exterior body differences
V1 has non-integrated compass.
V1 has black dot on CCW motors (V3's the threads are painted black).
V1 has controller that uses 4AA batteries and no shoulder tilt control.
V1 has a different camera housing that is susceptible to tilts after crashes.

Internally
V1 has no ferrite magnets around the cables.
V1 has non-perforated wifi module.
V1 has smaller GPS shield (the V3 extends out to the arms).
V1 has different ESCs (they are not marked 2.0).

Please be aware that majority of the parts are interchangeable from the V1 to V2/V3.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Exterior body differences
V1 has non-integrated compass.
V1 has black dot on CCW motors (V3's the threads are painted black).
V1 has controller that uses 4AA batteries and no shoulder tilt control.
V1 has a different camera housing that is susceptible to tilts after crashes.

Internally
V1 has no ferrite magnets around the cables.
V1 has non-perforated wifi module.
V1 has smaller GPS shield (the V3 extends out to the arms).
V1 has different ESCs (they are not marked 2.0).

Please be aware that majority of the parts are interchangeable from the V1 to V2/V3.

I found V2.0 on the sticker right after the serial number.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20