New Phantom 4 owner

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a new Phantom 4 owner. I just recently purchased a used one. I currently have a starter drone, a Yuneec Breeze, but wanted a better drone to hopefully donsome commercial work with at some point. I know very little about DJI drones or flying one except that they have a good reputation. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate any input you can give. Thanks!

Read, read and read your manual. Watch the tutorials on the app. Then you’ll understand enough about the P4 to read the archives on this forum to understand the problems you can run into. Fly in an open field in beginners mode. Don’t get too confident, but when you have that down, practice what to do if something goes wrong. Read this and other forums at least ever other day. By then, you will be totally brainwashed, your wife will say you are crazy and you will be on your way to be a successful pilot. Lol

Read, read and read your manual. Watch the tutorials on the app. Then you’ll understand enough about the P4 to read the archives on this forum to understand the problems you can run into. Fly in an open field in beginners mode. Don’t get too confident, but when you have that down, practice what to do if something goes wrong. Read this and other forums at least ever other day. By then, you will be totally brainwashed, your wife will say you are crazy and you will be on your way to be a successful pilot. Lol

My head is spinning just from your response! Lol

Ha their response will keep you airborne
Yip Mannual your best friend,,explains what your phantom does,(no inverted flight ) also here's a light chart so you can see what your drone is saying,,can get these decals of ebay or Amazon,,just a quick look without no panic stations
20181016_123647.jpg
,there also light chart for gimble
Screenshot_20180624-092728.jpg
and one for remote
Screenshot_20180727-192341.jpg
and battery
Screenshot_20180625-212654.jpg
there is few more but you got the idea,,learn and learn again so sticks in your head and becomes natural to you as soon as you start up,,,,,take care and enjoy,,,this site great for info so ask even the dummist questions and post some pics or video,,,good to see around the world,safest way lol

Reactions: bravescoach
It’s sort of like the chain is as strong as the weakest link. So much to tell you. If you miss something you lose your investment. Maybe you’ll miss reading about don’t take off over metal. It messes up the compass. That means concrete with rebar in it or metal that’s just sitting in the ground. You may fly down wind and not have enough battery to come against the wind to get you home. Whoops, there goes your drone. So many more. No one has the time to write it all out. Well, it’s also already written out. Back to my first post. Lol

Last edited:
Ha their response will keep you airborne
Yip Mannual your best friend,,explains what your phantom does,(no inverted flight ) also here's a light chart so you can see what your drone is saying,,can get these decals of ebay or Amazon,,just a quick look without no panic stationsView attachment 109148,there also light chart for gimbleView attachment 109149and one for remoteView attachment 109150and battery View attachment 109151there is few more but you got the idea,,learn and learn again so sticks in your head and becomes natural to you as soon as you start up,,,,,take care and enjoy,,,this site great for info so ask even the dummist questions and post some pics or video,,,good to see around the world,safest way lol

Thank you, appreciate the help!

Hi all, I am a new Phantom 4 owner.!
Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hi all, I am a new Phantom 4 owner. I just recently purchased a used one. I currently have a starter drone, a Yuneec Breeze, but wanted a better drone to hopefully donsome commercial work with at some point. I know very little about DJI drones or flying one except that they have a good reputation. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate any input you can give. Thanks!

The P4 is an excellent drone. You are going to like it a lot.

Welcome to the forum! :)

You can find lots of Phantom tips at PhantomHelp.com.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik