New Phantom 4 battery... Is this a bad battery?

It is a heat up indication. Cool it down before charge.

I have a dead battery. Push the button not even seeing the LED lite.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No that's not the indication of a hot battery, it's led 4 flashing that is sigh of hot battery while plugged into the charger

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

My original battery that came with the drone lasts 20-23 minutes

Bought another one from Best Buy at 169.00 and it lasts 16-18 minutes on the same day within a 1/2 hour of each other. I am returning it for another based on my experience.

Is this a bad battery or am I doing something wrong? I just got this and it isn't charging

...Barry, Have you flown the craft with this battery, If So, can you please provide the DJIFlightRecord_*.txt Flight-Log File, you
can post it here or email it to the following email address...
VaData (at) YaHoo (dot) com
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Thanks! It would not take a charge at all. I returned it. HOWEVER, I bought another battery from the same vendor. Good news! That one worked!

It is a heat up indication. Cool it down before charge.

I have a dead battery. Push the button not even seeing the LED lite.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree. The only time I've seen that is when I came straight home from flying, and tried to charge a pretty warm battery. I let it sit in the air conditioning for a half hour or so, and THEN hooked up the charger, and it took the charge just fine.

~Joey

Had the same issue with my battery that came with the P4, wouldn't start charging, just one bar of capacity. Seems these lipo's can't stand full discharge too long.

I've just had this exact same problem occur to me - this is the only location online I found with the same issue.

DJI has not been used for 6months - was fine on previous use. Now not charging, and shows the same LED behaviour as seen in the OP's video

Been a while since the OP - I just wondered, is it bricked, or has a solution been found (I hope so, as I can ill afford the £140 to replace it)

I bought this direct from DJI just after the DJI4 was released (March 2016) - I'm guessing it (the battery) is no longer under warranty... :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20