New Phantom 4 battery... Is this a bad battery?

Reaction score
Is this a bad battery or am I doing something wrong? I just got this and it isn't charging

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am not certain because I have a P3 and not a P4 and I might be wrong, but this looks pretty normal to me. Try leaving it plugged in for a while and see what happens (but make sure it is in your supervision). If it doesn't show any charging difference in an hour stop charging it and post here.

Not taking a charge. I find nothing in the manual that addresses this issue. Looks like I am returning this one.

Not taking a charge. I find nothing in the manual that addresses this issue. Looks like I am returning this one.

Keep power button pressed for 5 seconds and see what the life of the battery % is.
And you are right there is no mention of led 1 blinking I the manual while charging.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

BarryP, this happened to a few of my Inspire 1 batteries. I contacted DJI about them and they told me the batteries could not be fixed. I'd suggest you contact Amazon and get a replacement.

Reactions: BarryP
BarryP, this happened to a few of my Inspire 1 batteries. I contacted DJI about them and they told me the batteries could not be fixed. I'd suggest you contact Amazon and get a replacement.

Hey bud, on a different note, do you sell the p4 motor caps? I like to buy from you when I can,

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Do me a favor give me the serial number and part number, I want to see if it is a fake one, that seller on Amazon is the only one selling at $109, too good to be true
There are two different P4 battery models. The less expensive batteries are the original model. I believe the only change DJI made between models was to reinforce/redesign the plastic top to prevent it from cracking.

8f11ec28376e146c6ae9a0f81e7199d0.jpg

Model: ph4-5350mAh-15.2

Buy from DJI only, their been lots of after market batteries in the market. I had one from Amazon, got my money back.

I think, that the battery is empty.
Connect it to the charger without pushing the the button on it.
Try to switch on the battery and switch off and the second press must be longer then 5 second. You will see the battery life.

Buy from DJI only, their been lots of after market batteries in the market. I had one from Amazon, got my money back.
Amazon is a safe place to purchase Phantom 4 batteries. If you have any doubts, only buy from authorized DJI dealers. There are many dealers selling on Amazon.

Reactions: BarryP
It is a heat up indication. Cool it down before charge.

I have a dead battery. Push the button not even seeing the LED lite.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic