New phantom 3 pro firmware problem

Reaction score
I have been having a problem updating my firmware on the p3. The RC updated to 1.6 just fine but for some reason I cannot get the p3p to start it's update via the sd card in the gimbal.

I didnt have a sd card reader to put the new unzipped 1.9 fw on the micro sd so I thought I'd use my note 7. Unfortunately after I put the .bin file on the card and boot up the p3p without the rc it wont give me the green/red lights on the gimbal. I get the four d d d d beeps and solid red boom lights on the front of the quad and flashing yellow lights on the aft booms.

Just fyi. I could connect with p3p with rc and read battery temp and capacity just no control or video feed what so ever because it says I need a aircraft firmware update.

Should I get an actual card reader then format and try again?

If you can't format your ad card using DJI Go App then better do it externally. I always prefer DJI go app to format it.

If you have upgraded RC to 1.6, you better upgrade AC also to the latest. What's the current AC FW?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

When i get link with the aircraft it says it's at version 1.4+ I believe. I've been trying to Upgrade firmware to 1.9.60 but it will not.

I'm gonna get a card reader to load firmware on the card. Before i was using my note 7 to load the firmware and I believe it was adding a back up android filw automatically.

Thanks ill try that. I never even got a green or red light on the camera when i tried before. What's the deal with That?

Thanks ill try that. I never even got a green or red light on the camera when i tried before. What's the deal with That?

Are you sure battery is on?
Take out the SF card in off state and switch on AC. Check, it should be flashing red.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Okay so I formatted the sd card to fat32 and made sure just the .bin file was on the card.

Battery is fully charged and when powered on I just get the blinking lights on the booms. I'm just gonna keep it on and see what happens.

I do not have any camera status light that illuminates

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Which BIN is on your memory card?

Did you see a TXT file in the root of your memory card after you attempted to install the firmware?

I let the sd card stay in the Phantom for 27 minutes. nothing other than boom lights blinking happened.

there is no TXT file on the card and none that are hidden.

If there is no TXT file, then your Phantom did not attempt to install the firmware. That means it cannot find the BIN on the memory card. Format the memory card and copy the BIN into the root again.

Tried that just now and still no dice. No status indicator light illuminated.

its almost as if the reader doesnt work. still no txt file in the sd card.

After you insert the memory card into the gimbal, connect the USB cable between the gimbal and your computer. If you're able to see the contents of the memory card, then that'll at least confirm that is not the issue.

Reactions: PunaPhantom
Did you try connecting the cable after turning on your Phantom? When doing that, does your computer make any kind of indication that a device has been connected?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.