New P4P. Upgrade?

Reaction score
So, finally, after hobby-ing for a while, I decided to take the step and passed the 107 last week! Today, my new P4P showed up!

Big sticker on top of copter says to upgrade firmware. I've seen lots of problems, but also lots of success.

Should I, or shouldn't I? Has anyone received a brand new Pro, upgraded before anything, and had problems?

I'z a-scared!

No issues with our P4Pros running the latest firmware and app.

The app upgrade issues seem to be restricted to the P4 not the Pro

Only upgrade if you want to use your shiny new P4 as a paperweight OR give total control of it tonDJI to tell you WHEN AND WHERE you can fly.

My drone arrived with the V 01.01.0203 AC firmware and this is a December of 2016 rev level. I got assistance from Steve at flyflydrone.com to move it to the April 2017 firmware rev level of 01.03.0509.

It will stay at this level until others have confirmed what issues there may be with the firmware release that will have the Local Data Mode option.

It would be COMPLETELY foolish to update a knowingly working firmware version. You are opening up a can of worms if you do with all the KNOWN problems not to mention giving more control to DJI of when and where you can fly.

It is not that black and white a decision. The April firmware update improved the video performance and quality with the P4P and that is important to me.

Updates may include fixes to software routines that could lead to a crash and that is also important. I would feel foolish is a problem from a prior release of the firmware was corrected and I damaged my drone having not applied the update. It would be nice if it was that simple but life is anything but simple and these are not simple devices.

I've red much in regards to firmware and it appears that 1.3.509 has been the best thus far. My question is are these aircrafts backward compatible? Can we over write the existing firmware (new) with a previous version?

I've red much in regards to firmware and it appears that 1.3.509 has been the best thus far. My question is are these aircrafts backward compatible? Can we over write the existing firmware (new) with a previous version?

Yes but you will have to google the procedure to do it now that you can't do it through DJI assistant normally anymore.

Sorry for the delayed reply guys. Here's what I have...

IMG_0286.PNG

Btw... I also noticed that my gimbal is panned a few degrees to the left. Hmmm..

Is anyone able to give some insight on the "error" in the above screenshot? I have only been able to take flight from my house as I haven't had the chance to go anywhere else yet. Hence, I do not know if the error appears when launching from a different location.

Thank you!

Is anyone able to give some insight on the "error" in the above screenshot? I have only been able to take flight from my house as I haven't had the chance to go anywhere else yet. Hence, I do not know if the error appears when launching from a different location.

Thank you!
Did you log into DJI from the DJI Go 4 App, before connecting to the P4P? This looks like the new limitation they created which forces you to log into DJI, although I'm not certain.

Related to your tip... Does the app log me out when I close it? If not, maybe that is what I need to do. Force log out, and then back in.

Related to your tip... Does the app log me out when I close it? If not, maybe that is what I need to do. Force log out, and then back in.
As far as I know, you only need to log-in once after the latest firmware update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl