New P4P 2.0 - “Cannot take off”

Reaction score
My new P4P 2.0 arrived today but doesn’t want to fly!

Activated, firmware updated and then the message
“Cannot takeoff. Ensure the aircraft battery is properly connected”

I have tried the supplied battery, my existing P4 batteries, switching off and re-inserting several times but the warning won’t go away and it refuses to fly!

Software or a hardware problem? Helpful suggestions please....

Thanks very helpful.
In my case it looks like a hardware issue with the sensor, I think it as simple as the batteries although locked in place are not pressing the sensor sufficiently far down, adding a tiny piece of folded paper on top of the sensor has done the trick....

Believe the P4P V2 has a battery sensor which verifies the battery is fully inserted or it will not takeoff. Maybe the battery not seated all the way or a faulty sensor...
New P4P battery sensor prevents takeoff with dislodged battery

adding a tiny piece of folded paper on top of the sensor has done the trick....
I would be wary of that long term. You are basically bypassing the entire purpose of the sensor. But that is your call.

Indeed...
Given its a new product which in my case appears to have a fault I will see what DJI says....

I would be wary of that long term. You are basically bypassing the entire purpose of the sensor. But that is your call.

Had same problem, took battery in and out several times (5) and it finally flew

Does the just apply to the v2? I have a P4P and am having the same issue with one battery. The other two that I have are working ok. It says I can't take off and also that I need to put in a new battery, but the battery has all 4 bars lit up and the controller says I'm at 94%.

Does the just apply to the v2? I have a P4P and am having the same issue with one battery. The other two that I have are working ok. It says I can't take off and also that I need to put in a new battery, but the battery has all 4 bars lit up and the controller says I'm at 94%.

P4 does not have the sensor as you no doubt know, so it’s unlikely the P4 is preventing takeoff due to battery placement - it just isn’t able to detect this, it will try work as long as battery is connected. I’ve not seen this, perhaps a screen shot & circumstances it occurs?

Sometimes i notice with my v2 i have this problem with on of my batterys....i simply just push on the back of it a little more and down at same time (battery, so it makes contact with sensor) and the message goes away.....what i think happens is that some batterys tolerances are different on those bottom latches.... Iike on my other battery that never gives me any problems the latch sticks out a little farther which means it will push down on the sensor a little more...

Last edited:
Check to see if it's in Beginner mode. I made that mistake with my Mavic. It was raining, and I really wanted to see it fire up, but in beginner mode with no GPS lock, it was GROUNDED.

No I'm pretty sure he made a video about it and I seen it on YouTube... it's definitely the battery sensor on the v2 giving him some problems

My new P4P 2.0 arrived today but doesn’t want to fly!

Activated, firmware updated and then the message
“Cannot takeoff. Ensure the aircraft battery is properly connected”

I have tried the supplied battery, my existing P4 batteries, switching off and re-inserting several times but the warning won’t go away and it refuses to fly!

Software or a hardware problem? Helpful suggestions please....

So the problem we are seeing now with the New P4P 2.0 battery is that , because of the Design flaw being that the battery is still to loose on the right hand side , This is likely preventing the battery from putting enough pressure on the bottom where the battery clip is.

This is likely to get worse as time goes on and the clip gets worn in .

We have yet to test what happens if the Sensor fails in the sky while flying as that is going to be difficult to test if not impossible at this point.

You can fix this issue the same way we fixed the Loose battery issue by putting a Phantom Rain Wet Suit on the drone to seal up the battery and provide a good lock , which will keep it snug and tight on the sensor.
Phantomrain.org

We have about 40 videos of the Wet Suit and all that it does, but many have used it to lock in the battery and the props and for that alone, even if you never plan on flying in the rain.

The Wet Suit creates a seal around the entire battery , keep the rain out, and also locks the battery in tight , the bottom sensor is than pressed down properly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 11.12.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 11.12.19 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 435

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl