New P4, turning off auto updates?

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a new Phantom 4 Advanced plus. After several problems right out of the box everything is working now so I'd like to turn off automatic updates to try to avoid future problems.
Having the integrated controller app is new to me as my P3P uses apple.

I turned off Wifi.

Do I go to
SETTINGS
APP

then stop SYSTEM-UPGRADE
then stop DJIUpdate

Or what? Or can what I want even be done or does DJI have some built-in stuff that will force you no matter what?

My experience with DJI (P3P, Inspire1Pro, P4) has been to get things to work and then leave it alone as updates seems to cause all kinds of problems.
Thank you for any help and I apologize for the noob type question

I fly a P4P+ and once I had it flying and recording without any problems I abandoned all updates. I didn't turn anything off, I just ignore the nag screen (updates available) when first starting up and go about flying.

Reactions: Firehawk
Thank you, Dragonfly Joe.
Another thing that concerns me is even with wifi turned off when I start the RC and Aircraft I get these messages briefly,
version check
collecting version ‌info please wait

connecting to server

Does yours say that too?
Sounds to me like it's still connecting somewhere.

After working good for a while one time out in the field our Inspire magically decided it needed to require a log in to the DJI sight, which of course was impossible as we were away from internet and thus would not allow use of that controller until I went to a place with internet and logged in. We had been at that same location flying fine for 2 days prior. From that point on I made sure wifi was turned off that ipad.

Surprise problems are more than embarrassing in front of clients so that is why I'm trying to turn off as much as I can.

Yes Firehawk. mine goes through the same version check. When it tells me a newer version is available I dismiss it. If you get stuck out in the field without internet, you can use your cell phone as a hotspot and log in through that. That will get you up and flying again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen