New P4 in BKLYN NY

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and very eager to learn. Recently got a p4 and I know in New York City it is extremely difficult to find space to fly, legally. Ironically, I had a chance to bring the P4 down to NC, recently, and flew for the 1st time over a long weekend. It was AWESOME and addicting to say the least. I know I have a long way to go and any advise and insights in the NYC metro area will always be greatly appreciate it!

I did most of my basic home work. P4 is registered with the FAA. Looking up study guides online and you tube videos. If anyone has any suggestions on either physical classes or iPhone study apps that are worth looking into, that would be sweet!

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: itswentime
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Thank you! Is there any iPhone drone study guide app you would recommend?!

Thank you! Is there any iPhone drone study guide app you would recommend?!
I'm really not aware of one but look in msinger's PhantomHelp and you might find what your looking for .

Hi there I'm Goblin from Australia, first time on here, I was wondering if anyone can help,I have a 4 pro and I seem to be stuck in beginners mode, ive switched it on and off a few times and toggled the various buttons needed in distance enable, height, beginner mode etc but I still can't fly past 45m or above 30 m .
Any help please?

Hi there I'm Goblin from Australia, first time on here, I was wondering if anyone can help,I have a 4 pro and I seem to be stuck in beginners mode, ive switched it on and off a few times and toggled the various buttons needed in distance enable, height, beginner mode etc but I still can't fly past 45m or above 30 m .
Any help please?
Make sure your Phantom is turned on and connected to the RC (remote controller) when you turn off beginner mode. If you're not connected, the changed setting won't "stick".

Make sure your Phantom is turned on and connected to the RC (remote controller) when you turn off beginner mode. If you're not connected, the changed setting won't "stick".
Thanks mate let me try that

Is there any iPhone drone study guide app you would recommend?!
Are you trying to learn more about DJI GO? If so, check out this tutorial from Adorama. You can find some others if you search for "DJI GO tutorial" on YouTube.

Are you trying to learn more about DJI GO? If so, check out this tutorial from Adorama. You can find some others if you search for "DJI GO tutorial" on YouTube.

Wow, this is amazingly helpful! Thank you!

I am looking into FAA test prep apps. I know there are a lot of videos online, however, having a 14 month old , I need something... more on the go, study app.

The ones I can find at the App Store are "Remote Pilot FAA test prep" and "Remote Pilot Ground School".

I see the test prep app has good reviews and wondering if I need to looking into the ground school app to get started?!

I have a list of FAA Part 107 study guides/courses here. This list was compiled from suggestions in this forum.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honeymoo