New P3P cannot connect to ANDROID app. Is this a FIRMWARE issue?

Reaction score
Hi. I bought a new Android tablet due to the delay of the iOS app. But I still cannot connect my controller to the new Android tablet. Customer support chat said that I would need to update my firmware before connecting.
Just wanted to bounce this off you guys to see if that sounds right. Also, is anyone else getting the same thing? The new firmware has not been released yet, so I'm kinda dead in the water here.

The new app and new firmware are not out yet. The previous Android app works (or worked anyway) but wasn't officially supported. Like the rest of us, you have a pretty paperweight until the Apps and Firmware get released

Make sure your connected to the internet on your Android.
Both units on
The first window on mine was debugging mode I said yes.
It then took me to the Registration, name of Phantom... Entered name Envision Above.
Then checked the email it was correct...
Then it registered..
Asked to fly in beginner mode said yes.

My Firmware says up to date.

Took a few photos and videos on the bench with no problems.

Nexus 7 II
Pilot App from the store not the DJI store.

Hi. I bought a new Android tablet due to the delay of the iOS app. But I still cannot connect my controller to the new Android tablet. Customer support chat said that I would need to update my firmware before connecting.
Just wanted to bounce this off you guys to see if that sounds right. Also, is anyone else getting the same thing? The new firmware has not been released yet, so I'm kinda dead in the water here.
It is most likely a problem with the tablet. My HTC M8 is able to connect without a problem, however my Acer tablet won't connect.

Make sure your connected to the internet on your Android.
Both units on
The first window on mine was debugging mode I said yes.
It then took me to the Registration, name of Phantom... Entered name Envision Above.
Then checked the email it was correct...
Then it registered..
Asked to fly in beginner mode said yes.

My Firmware says up to date.

Took a few photos and videos on the bench with no problems.

Nexus 7 II
Pilot App from the store not the DJI store.
This is the exact problem I am having on an HTC one M8. Seems to work except the activation process. anyone find a solution? or do we have to wait for new software?

This is the exact problem I am having on an HTC one M8. Seems to work except the activation process. anyone find a solution? or do we have to wait for new software?
Have you pressed the help icon top right corner of app splash screen....my first run of the app as I went to ill in phantom name it just jumped into the app before I could enter a name and pressing the help icon and selecting activate from there worked for me.
Hope this helps

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic