Phantom 3 Pro will not conneect to app /no video

Reaction score
My Phantom 3 pro sat for some time , i decided to fire it up again. but i cannot get it to connect to the app. I checked the USB board and its ok, i tried it with Litchi and dji go but no luck. Aslo turned off debugging on tabley/phone. Tried several new connecting usb cables. Tried resetting controller . All i can do is get it to bind to the drone, and it will turn on motors and control the drone. But the app says disconnected.
It does not indicate that it needs a firmware update. Not sure what steps i can do to get the app running and get the camera working ?

Are you getting anything thru the app? I've read that if it sets for a while, the camera/gimble boards will get cold solider cracks and not display video from the camera.

Are you getting anything thru the app? I've read that if it sets for a while, the camera/gimble boards will get cold solider cracks and not display video from the camera.
Thanks, yes t sat for two years, and all i get is can start the motors ans control the drone, but no camera or anything else regardng the app

Thanks, yes t sat for two years, and all i get is can start the motors ans control the drone, but no camera or anything else regardng the app
Mine has the same issue, no video. But I do get data with the app. I can also record video and take photos to the SD card.

Most likely bad solder joints on the USB port of the controller. Sometimes you can identify this by wiggling the cable under the controller.

Repairing a Dry, Cold or Cracked Solder Joint & how to identify it - 2021

In this video you can see how to remove the USB-board from the controller:
How to install HDMI Output Module | DJI Phantom 3 + 4

im not sure if i updated it a while back, but is there a way i can down grade to an earlier version and see what happens.
it appears the controller just will not connect to app.
I believe had same issue before on one of my P3Ps, downgraded to this bin phantom 3 0090 FIX bin.rar use a fan if you decide to downgrade.

Last edited:
Be VERY careful with installing firmwares.
Some firmware versions can NOT be downgradded.
Some firmware versions are for the controller only, some for the drone only and most (the All in One firmwares) for both the AC and RC. Inconsistent versions between the AC and RC will also cause problems.

At least read the 'Release Notes' for your P3P.

You can download it here:

Last edited:
My Phantom 3 pro sat for some time , i decided to fire it up again. but i cannot get it to connect to the app. I checked the USB board and its ok, i tried it with Litchi and dji go but no luck. Aslo turned off debugging on tabley/phone. Tried several new connecting usb cables. Tried resetting controller . All i can do is get it to bind to the drone, and it will turn on motors and control the drone. But the app says disconnected.
It does not indicate that it needs a firmware update. Not sure what steps i can do to get the app running and get the camera working ?
DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THE FIRMWARE!!!
The very fact that the drone and RC are talking to each other rules out firmware issues. You can fly like that if you want, you just won't see what the drone sees.
I had this issue with my P3A and the culprit was ribbon cable from the USB input on the RC to the mother board. There was also a dry joint where the USB socket was soldered onto the USB board.

Reactions: MerckxBh
NÃO FAÇA NADA COM O FIRMWARE!!!
O próprio fato de o drone e o RC estarem conversando entre si exclui problemas de firmware. Você pode voar assim se quiser, só não vai ver o que o drone vê.
Eu tive esse problema com meu P3A e o culpado era o cabo de fita da entrada USB no RC para a placa-mãe. Havia também uma junta seca onde o soquete USB foi soldado na placa USB.
teria uma foto do q foi feito ou como esta agora ?

Its me again, need your help again drone want connect to controller
I do not remember what we did to make it work before when this happened before a tech guy loaded some a new dji go app on my i phone 11 and it started working great since then I had to get another i phone 11 and used i cloud back up to save and restore all data I beleive that all the files didn t restore correctly and maybe that is the problem I belive when he put the go fly app on my phone he downloaded from another source because dji quit full support on the p3a

this time i tried to download flight data and I am not sure if that is what locked it up and its telling me to reset gimble this time please help

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20