New P3A pilot

Reaction score
New to me, P3-advanced that is in "as new" condition. Not a single mark on it! Only flown 3 times and the original battery "bricked" itself from long term non use.

Two new batteries (4/15/2022), new carrying case, all original extras (blades, too, etc.) still in original packaging.

Question:

My system has the following firmware/software versione:

App. - 3.1.68
Aircraft - 1.9.60+
Remote - 1.9.3

Do I need to update the firmware or should I leave "good enough" alone?

I'll be flying on my own open acreage until my confidence grows. I have previously flown inexpensive throw away drones without GPS.

Thanks

Spokane2303

New to me, P3-advanced that is in "as new" condition. Not a single mark on it! Only flown 3 times and the original battery "bricked" itself from long term non use.

Two new batteries (4/15/2022), new carrying case, all original extras (blades, too, etc.) still in original packaging.

Question:

App. - 3.1.68
Aircraft - 1.9.60+
Remote - 1.9.3

I'll be flying on my own open acreage until my confidence grows. I have previously flown inexpensive throw away drones without GPS.

Thanks

Spokane2303
Welcome!

Click here for a list of tips that I've shared many times with new P3A and P3P owners over the years.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!​

Welcome to the forum! :)

Firmware update are optional. However, running the latest version is usually a good idea since it allows you to take advantage of the latest fixes and features.

Reactions: snowy23
Thanks for the Welcome!

I'm having a blast with my Phantom. I did manage to flip it over in the mud because of pilot error! No damage, other then to my pride. I looked over the flight data and could see I gave it some down throttle when I was trying to turn it around.

I spent over an hour cleaning it up and checking everything over.

I then recalibrated the compass and have since flown it 4 more times with no issues.

At 66, I'm just a kid with a new toy!

Hi and welcome to the forum hope you enjoy 👍

Question:

App. - 3.1.68
Aircraft - 1.9.60+
Remote - 1.9.3

Thanks

Spokane2303
Love my P3A great drone, by experience having a bricked P3Pro I would say absolutely do NOT update firmware if all is working well for you 👍👍

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31