New P3 World Record 8.065 miles

Does anyone have links to step by step instructions on doing any of the battery mods?

I remember for the Phantom 2, some users that modded the battery with additional capacity wrote that the pilot app did not calibrate to indicate it - i.e. app still shows that you are flying a regular 5200mAh battery.Once it arrived at 10% (can't remember exactly what it was) it would just stick there for a while before dropping.
Is this not the case anymore on the P3? Is the Pilot app showing the increased estimated flight time once you've flown full packs and it has calibrated to the additional capacity?
Yeah the pilot app algorithm and battery life gauge both recognize the extra battery life everything works accordingly.

But 300$ for soldering 2 cables is a real ripoff. Lipos cost 20$, carbon plates 10$. So more than 250$ just for the mod ??
Not a ripoff. If they mod the battery instead of the bird, the kit for $299 will include a new $150 DJI modded battery with all the required cable hookups! :cool: Basically $149 more for the mod plus two 1600 maH batteries and the plate and mounts to hold the two extra batteries .:cool: Coming soon! (1-2 weeks)

Last edited:
Ahh making progress got the smart battery apart took a little work but nothing to challenging .
Just awaiting my batteries y parallel lead and I'll move on to the wiring.
So -- are you expanding the capacity with the rebuild of the battery?

So -- are you expanding the capacity with the rebuild of the battery?
No gonna add two lipo's in parallel to the smart battery so the first step is the pic below>
Pic courtesy of Fanti.....Gonna be using some heatshrink on my connections lol

Reactions: bobmyers
No gonna add two lipo's in parallel to the smart battery so the first step is the pic below>
Pic courtesy of Fanti.....Gonna be using some heatshrink on my connections lol
Cool-- Make a video:D:D

Paul did all mine he's a really good guy he works hard to keep your business even after the sale if you have any problems with your equipment or questions he's always there to help.
I concur 100%. Very responsive guy, and has the best stuff to "pimp out" your "ride"!:D
Yeah the pilot app algorithm and battery life gauge both recognize the extra battery life everything works accordingly.
Awesome! :cool:

I was on the understanding the 1300's need to be the 45-90c
This post shows a lot of 25-50c
Any clarity would help!
And screw the haters Unknown, this post isnt for them its for us! We get it!!

I'm happy with my stock P3 with windsurfer. 2 miles is all I would need; and 20 minute flights are long enough IMO.

I don't really understand the contest for farthest distance... What's the point? Is there some special thing there you want to photograph? Or just to show off/ compensate for something? ;)
For me, if I can get reliably get a 5-7 mile range, I can then easily get 3-5 miles with no loss of signal. With stock, even at 2-3 miles with a windsurfer, the signal starts breaking up with frequent RTH's being initiated, ruining the video and wasting precious battery time, flying back to where you were, after regaining signal. Being able to launch from home with clear LOS and cover 25 square miles, instead of just 1 to 4 square miles, makes a world of difference! :cool: Combine that capability with a battery mod that doubles flight time, and I'm in heaven! :D

25 to 50 C batteries work fine from what I have seen. I have another set of 1300's that are suppose to be 75 to 100 C no difference in flight time between the 2 sets of batteries. I heard the stock P3 battery is somewhere in the neighborhood of 16 C. I have no problem running my P3 with 25 to 50C batteries.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
For me, if I can get reliably get a 5-7 mile range, I can then easily get 3-5 miles with no loss of signal. With stock, even at 2-3 miles with a windsurfer, the signal starts breaking up with frequent RTH's being initiated, ruining the video and wasting precious battery time, flying back to where you were, after regaining signal. Being able to launch from home with clear LOS and cover 25 square miles, instead of just 1 to 4 square miles, makes a world of difference! :cool: Combine that capability with a battery mod that doubles flight time, and I'm in heaven! :D

Battery mod gives 40 minute flights? That's insane!

Yeah I get that, wanting to cover more distance. I get 1.8 miles range with windsurfer, but the ocean is 3 miles away. My hesitation to the remote mod is that it won't fit in the DJI hard case :(

Not a ripoff. It also includes a new $150 DJI modded battery with all the required cable hookups! :cool: Price I was quoted was $275 total. Basically $125 more for the mod plus two 1300 maH batteries and the mounts to hold the batteries that can be upgraded for $50 more to 2200's.:cool:
What nonsense, it does NOT include a new DJI modded battery. Thats why I consider it way too expensive.

That sounds good!

Ahh making progress got the smart battery apart took a little work but nothing to challenging .
Just awaiting my batteries y parallel lead and I'll move on to the wiring.

Is this how you are connecting the additional 2 packs?
CONNECTION.jpg

I was on the understanding the 1300's need to be the 45-90c
This post shows a lot of 25-50c
Any clarity would help!
And screw the haters Unknown, this post isnt for them its for us! We get it!!

Add 2 x 1300 packs in parallel to the stock 4480 pack means your total capacity becomes 7080mAh or 7.080 Ah

A 10C discharge rate means you theoretically may draw 70.80Amps continuous without ruining your batteries.

The Log files from the DJI Pilot app, with extension .TXT logs the Amps (after converting to csv here DJI Log Converter) indicates the max amp draw on a stock P3P is around 18 Amps when climbing vertically (that's where you draw the max Amps) as can be seen on a screenshot in Dashware (unfortunately HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters only shows cell voltage variance. Hope they will include Amps some time).
AMPS.JPG

All that to say even 10c 4S 1300mAh packs should be more than enough.
But it would be great if someone with the battery mod posts their logged txt file to check the max amp draw .

Last edited:
Luap: I have logs with added batteries. Will look for them tomorrow. What data profile and gauges did you use in Dashware for those graphs?

Luap: I have logs with added batteries. Will look for them tomorrow. What data profile and gauges did you use in Dashware for those graphs?
That would be great. Post a .txt file where you flew longest and did some vertical climb outs especially at the end of the flight. Or post your largest file(s) :)
I created the profile in Dashware. The gauges are mainly standard charts + a few home made.

What nonsense, it does NOT include a new DJI modded battery. Thats why I consider it way too expensive.
I don't know where you are getting your misinformation from, but my battery only mod information and pricing are accurate. The $299 price I was quoted includes a brand new modded $150 DJI P3 battery, and two 1600 maH supplemental batteries, a mounting plate, and attachments for the 2 supplemental batteries. This is not a mod you need to send your quad in for. It's one designed to be ordered, sent out, and self installed in minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: phantom13flyer
Battery mod gives 40 minute flights? That's insane!

Yeah I get that, wanting to cover more distance. I get 1.8 miles range with windsurfer, but the ocean is 3 miles away. My hesitation to the remote mod is that it won't fit in the DJI hard case :(
I didn't say 40 minutes. I said up to double the flight time. The current stock flight time is about 15-17 minutes. After, depending upon the maH of the two supplemental batteries, anywhere from 23-30 minutes total. Some are even getting a little longer. When you add more weight, you also use more battery power to stay aloft, so the extra battery capacity isn't all converted into flight time.

The remote mod component completely detaches, if needed, for transport, and still fits into many cases, generally on top. Or you can carry it separately, while still carrying the transmitter inside.

That sounds good!
Is this how you are connecting the additional 2 packs?
CONNECTION.jpg

Add 2 x 1300 packs in parallel to the stock 4480 pack means your total capacity becomes 7080mAh or 7.080 Ah

A 10C discharge rate means you theoretically may draw 70.80Amps continuous without ruining your batteries.

The Log files from the DJI Pilot app, with extension .TXT logs the Amps (after converting to csv here DJI Log Converter) indicates the max amp draw on a stock P3P is around 18 Amps when climbing vertically (that's where you draw the max Amps) as can be seen on a screenshot in Dashware (unfortunately HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters only shows cell voltage variance. Hope they will include Amps some time).

AMPS.JPG

All that to say even 10c 4S 1300mAh packs should be more than enough.
But it would be great if someone with the battery mod posts their logged txt file to check the max amp draw .
\\

Yeh thats pretty much it just running a single lead out like this one pictured

Then add a Y connector https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/catalog/601Bx601A-2PP.jpg
to the two lipos gonna try out the 1300Turningy Nano-tech 1300mAh 4S 25-50C see results and then go with something bigger.
Yuh I'd be very interested to see the max amp draw from someones modded setup.Im just waiting for a few bits and pieces to arrive and can go flight/test.

I don't know where you are getting your misinformation from, but my information and pricing are accurate. The $275 price I was quoted includes a brand new modded $150 DJI P3 battery, and two 1300 maH supplemental batteries, that can be replaced with same sized 2200 maH ones, a mounting plate, and attachments for the 2 supplemental batteries. This is not a mod you need to send your quad in for. It's one designed to be ordered, sent out, and self installed in minutes.
I don't know where you get your NONSENSE from, but I get it straight from the source: P3 BATTERY UPGRADE MOD INCLUDING PARTS AND LABOR FOR LONGER FLIGHT TIMES... INCLUDES 2-3 DAY RETURN SHIPPING | FPVCustoms Antenna Uppgrades For Drones

Sorry for the confusion. It's not nonsense. Allow me to clarify.

That's the original $300 version, where the mod is done to the quad itself. That particular mod is more flexible, because you can use it with any existing P3P batteries you already own. All you have to do is buy the new much less expensive external batteries for extra capacity and a charger. However, it is a permanent change to the quad, and the quad must be sent in for that mod.

The NEWEST battery mod for $299 that I am referring to is to the battery only and is not yet available for purchase, and is therefore not yet on the FPVCustoms.com website! Stay tuned. Clearly, the soon to be available one (in 1 to 2 weeks) is a much better deal initially, even if less flexible, but, it may be more expensive in the long run, because you will need a full new set of modded batteries to replace your originals to get the added battery capacity on every flight for nonstop serial flights!

I got my information directly from Paul. :rolleyes: You can call or text him yourself, as I did, if you still don't believe me!:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: phantom13flyer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20