New P3 World Record 8.065 miles

My new P3A has no problem lifting them. I honestly think I could go bigger if I wanted to.
At what point does the added weight negate the benefit of the extra power? If you are only trying to set distance records, then that is important. If you are flying within a mile or so and doing photography, it is not important to squeeze every ounce of power. A five to ten minute extension of flight time might be worth a battery mod-- if you had some distance shooting to a spot you couldn't reach by other means.

At what point does the added weight negate the benefit of the extra power? If you are only trying to set distance records, then that is important. If you are flying within a mile or so and doing photography, it is not important to squeeze every ounce of power. A five to ten minute extension of flight time might be worth a battery mod-- if you had some distance shooting to a spot you couldn't reach by other means.
Its hard to tell with the way I fly I am always moving I run out and back I never stop thats where the weight I think would hurt you stop and go and hovering.

Incredible flight congratulations on your achievement love to see the healthy drones log :)
...Can someone make a battery mod how to :)

Attachments

• IMG_8273.JPG
    IMG_8273.JPG
    195.7 KB · Views: 476
Reactions: witold
Congrats on great flight ! Can you give more details on your extra batteries pls ?

How come flytrex shows it as a 7.5 mile flight though ?

Do you think you can go farther in GPS mode than in ATTI mode ?

It was explained like this in a Webinar by one of the Vendors-- The 8% discharge is intended to recalibrate the Smart Battery. Those individual cell readings is telemetry obtained from the Smart Battery circuit. They recommended flying the P3 down to 20 % and landing it. Take the battery out and let it cool down. Take the props off the P3 and let the battery discharge to 8% idling. Then recharge. The difference being that the battery is not discharging to 8 % under maximum discharge. The high amperage discharge is what damages the cells when they reach the low voltage ( when it is in flight).
I have done the discharge to 8% on two of my five batteries and both recharged and still show 100%. So based on the information in the Seminar and my personal experience with the two batteries I have already "deep cycled", it looks like a proven practice and this deep cycle discharge at reduced amperage does not damage the cells. :)
Great information! Alternatively, to discharge to 8%, after reaching 20% and removing the battery to let it cool, when you reinsert it, you could just use the battery to review the mini SD card images, or even transfer them to your iPad. Might take a little longer, but you can leave the props on. I have never removed my props in over 150 flights. No reason to start now!:cool: You could also just let it idle with props on outside.

No 12.08 there and back total I went 16.24 miles
Smart, when testing the distance the battery mod will enable, to not fly in a straight line out and back, so you can still stay within the modified transmitter range, and get home easily on the return!

Let's give the due credit to the Vendor who puts on the monthly Webinars here-- it was the first time that anyone ever used the word "recalibrate" for the Smart Battery and that makes perfect sense-- I am learning everyday, just as you are.:D:D
Who is the vendor, and what is their website that hosts the monthly webinars?
Let's give them full credit!:cool:

How's the FPVLR kit? Compared to dbs mods? thanks
I think the FPVLR V2 is superior then the DBS kit. I think the beamwidth and signal strength is greater on the V2. I had full signal at 8 miles.To me there is no better controller mounted antenna then the FPVLR V2. I haven't used my boosted DBS since I got the V2 I love it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik