New P3 World Record 8.065 miles

As things are now, it does NOT include a 150$ DJI Battery. No need to guess the future.

Unkowncaller: were you really in flight for 31 minutes with just 2 additional 1300 mAh batteries? I only get 23 minutes that way on my P3P. Or did you fly in a specific way to conserve power?

As things are now, it does NOT include a 150$ DJI Battery. No need to guess the future.
That's a completely different battery mod than the one I am referring to, as you can see from my description in my posts above. Nobody is "guessing" about anything. Two entirely different ways to do a battery mod. One mod's the quad, and one mod's a brand new DJI stock battery. Both have their pros and cons, as I described above. I have further edited the post above to avoid any confusion.

Last edited:
The NEWEST battery mod for $275 that I am referring to is to the battery only and is not yet available for purchase, and is therefore not yet on the FPVCustoms.com website! Stay tuned. Clearly, the soon to be available one (in 1 to 2 weeks) is a much better deal initially, even if less flexible, but, it may be more expensive in the long run, because you will need a full new set of modded batteries to replace your originals to get the added battery capacity on every flight for nonstop serial flights!
You mean like the mod Fanti did shown in post 98?

Exactly, which is why I thought we were all on the same page...:rolleyes:
OK, but Horizon FPV in the UK already has this mod available for months, see Phantom 3 Power Mod V1 . (The pics on their website are wrong, it is the exact same mod Fanti does, I have 2 such batteries from them) at £59 (but you have to provide your own battery and you have to buy your own extra batteries). I suppose US Midwest Horizon also do it on request (they have the I1 mod at Inspire 1 Power Mod - Midwest Horizon FPV Antennas for $175 without batteries).
[I don't have anything to do with them; just providing some info.]

That would be great. Post a .txt file where you flew longest and did some vertical climb outs especially at the end of the flight. Or post your largest file(s) :)
I created the profile in Dashware. The gauges are mainly standard charts + a few home made.
I sent you a PM with the file.

OK, but Horizon FPV in the UK already has this mod available for months, see Phantom 3 Power Mod V1 . (The pics on their website are wrong, it is the exact same mod Fanti does, I have 2 such batteries from them) at £59 (but you have to provide your own battery and you have to buy your own extra batteries). I suppose US Midwest Horizon also do it on request (they have the I1 mod at Inspire 1 Power Mod - Midwest Horizon FPV Antennas for $175 without batteries).
[I don't have anything to do with them; just providing some info.]
I didn't say it was an original idea, just that it would to be available within a week or so in the U.S. as an already modded new DJI battery with all the additional parts needed to strap the two included 1600 mAh batteries to the aircraft, for a grand total of $299, including the new $150 DJI battery which is modded to allow 2 external batteries to be connected in parallel.:cool:

Last edited:
Wasn't suggestion that it was original, just that it would to be available within a week or so in the U.S. as an already modded new DJI battery with all the additional parts needed to strap the two included 1300 mAh batteries to the aircraft, for a grand total of $275, including the new $150 DJI battery which is modded.:cool:
Yes, it's a similar price point indeed.

Yes, it's a similar price point indeed.
All else being equal, would you rather have the mod done to the quad itself permanently, allowing all existing stock batteries to be used (plus the mounted externals), or mod just the stock batteries themselves, requiring modding of all batteries to be used in this manner (along with a removable plate holder for the external batteries on the quad)? I'm torn, since I already own 4 stock batteries...

All else being equal, would you rather have the mod done to the quad itself permanently, allowing all existing stock batteries to be used (plus the mounted externals), or mod just the stock batteries themselves, requiring modding of all batteries to be used in this manner (along with a removable plate holder for the external batteries on the quad)?
Hmmm no, I never talked about the mod being done to the quad itself. All my links above were battery mods - which I also have (and love)!

All else being equal, would you rather have the mod done to the quad itself permanently, allowing all existing stock batteries to be used (plus the mounted externals), or mod just the stock batteries themselves, requiring modding of all batteries to be used in this manner (along with a removable plate holder for the external batteries on the quad)? I'm torn, since I already own 4 stock batteries...
Yeh it's a tough decisions and I chose the battery mod as it doesn't effect your birds warranty.
Still it would be so much easier to mod the bird itself as like you i gota mod 4 batteries ....I should be pretty good at doing the battery mod by the time I mod number 4 tho lol.
Edit....actually I'll prolly leave one of mine stock just for normal flights.

I guess something to consider, doing the mod to the battery only at the high mod cost is ive found the lifespan of these batteries very short when flying straight throttle long dist, & running them down to 0-5% every run!

My flight is on flytrex or I can post my flight log file I'm not as savvy as some of you
I guess something to consider, doing the mod to the battery only at the high mod cost is ive found the lifespan of these batteries very short when flying straight throttle long dist, & running them down to 0-5% every run!
You know I bought a brand new battery for long distance flights its on its 14th charge cycle and it still puts out 4575 mah at full charge and I have ran it to zero before thats pretty crazy huh? Every flight on it has at least ran it to 20% or lower.

Hmmm no, I never talked about the mod being done to the quad itself. All my links above were battery mods - which I also have (and love)!
Understood, but I was wondering what your thoughts might be, though, given the choice...single quad mod, or multiple battery mods?

Yeh it's a tough decisions and I chose the battery mod as it doesn't effect your birds warranty.
Still it would be so much easier to mod the bird itself as like you i gota mod 4 batteries ....I should be pretty good at doing the battery mod by the time I mod number 4 tho lol.
Edit....actually I'll prolly leave one of mine stock just for normal flights.
The same choice exists for the transmitter mod. I chose to buy a second transmitter with the antenna mod already done to it, to be able to keep my unmodded stock transmitter for normal flying, too. The lighter weight and more omnidirectional antenna of the stock transmitter has its benefits, too, especially since mine appears to be pretty good---2.7 miles without even using a windsurfer, but greater reliabilty at that distance and farther will be a big benefit, too, especially with extended battery time!

My flight is on flytrex or I can post my flight log file I'm not as savvy as some of you
You know I bought a brand new battery for long distance flights its on its 14th charge cycle and it still puts out 4575 mah at full charge and I have ran it to zero before thats pretty crazy huh? Every flight on it has at least ran it to 20% or lower.
I live in Tampa Florida we have a cold front that is going to hang around for the next 2 weeks.The wind is awful 12 mph everyday. Last week it was zero for like 3 days. I really think one of us will break 9 miles with the P3. One of my 8 mile runs I landed with 11% battery its definitely possible.

What's a normal lifespan of a stock battery, and how much shorter do you think the abused ones are getting? By adding the battery mod, are you still really needing to go that deep into the original internal batteries?

Any suggestions on a brandname and model number, and perhaps a link for where to purchase the necessary two chargers for the antenna booster battery for the modded transmitter, and the external 1300's on the battery mod?

I live in Tampa Florida we have a cold front that is going to hang around for the next 2 weeks.The wind is awful 12 mph everyday. Last week it was zero for like 3 days. I really think one of us will break 9 miles with the P3. One of my 8 mile runs I landed with 11% battery its definitely possible.
I hear you! :cool: However, we should probably make sure the last two miles back are over dry land, with a few potential landing spots picked out, just in case the 11% to 0% isn't linear! :eek: What was the flight duration on the 8 mile run, and was the 11% remaining using the 2200 mAh externals? Do the externals only get used after the internal is exhausted, or are they used up first, or are all 3 exhausted simultaneously? Are you flying in ATTI mode the entire time?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr