New P3 Firmware update in October

With the huge voter turnout, and land slide victory, for young Justin, it would appear, many Canadians broke out of their self induced lethargy state, to voice their ultimate choice in candidate. We won!!
What a challenge this has been, to get the right man in office.
The future is very bright.

RedHotPoker

2d. Delete the old app version before installing the new version. From the device go to settings/ app's/ and select the dji app and uninstall. Do not delete any folders or files from anywhere else. You can then load the new app version and continue on with it's setup.
6f. Calibrate the Compass. (I do this before every flight)
1. Deleting the app will remove any channel hack in the DJI Documents folder, forcing a reinstall, which is a pain, especially if you don't have it handy!
2. Compass calibration before every flight, after a known good compass calibration in the same or nearby location (less than 50 miles away), is unnecessary, and a great way to introduce compass calibration errors. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Otherwise, good advice!

Reactions: Chris P Duck
Well, I certainly hope you're NOT flying while you're stoned on that stuff...The FAA should require physicals for all drone pilots and revoke their licenses if they test positive.

j/k

Does anyone know when the new firmware for the P3A/P will be released? I heard somewhere that it would be this month.

Also, does anyone know what will be in it? I'm thinking of the new FAA regs being introduced, more NFZs and also a built-in 400ft high restriction that cannot be overridden.

Cheers.

Nick

I was just talking to DJI yesterday, it looks like the original schedule (end of October) has been moved back, likely early November now. No specific date and the only change I've been told about is the new encryption protocol (both drone and RC will need to be updated).

Reactions: nickyb
I was just talking to DJI yesterday, it looks like the original schedule (end of October) has been moved back, likely early November now. No specific date and the only change I've been told about is the new encryption protocol (both drone and RC will need to be updated).
Thanks for the info.

And for those using the channel hack, THIS update may end that. At least it seems logical if DJI doesn't want the hack out there.

Sent from my PT beating heart

It will be out soon as beta is finished.

Btw, we will also soon have a new function that will allow us to see other DJI Pilots and given the ability to message them should you want to meet up and fly together.

It's also being looked into to have a door to door dji tech representatives. I really like that idea!
Door-to-door DJI technician ha ha Ha ha ha They don't respond to emails and don't even answer the phone

I'm wondering if this will be a mandatory update like they've done in the past,where you're grounded after a few flights until you do.

Can we really just not choose to update our IPADS and phantoms to keep current capabilities?

Why delay? The latest is always going to be the greatest. Hahaha
I have updated every time, first thing in the morning. I check daily for new firmware and Go improvements. Can't wait, to get it on. . . ;-)

They know what's best for us, and spoon feed it. Don't dribble, eh?

RedHotPoker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20