New Owner Telemetry and FPV Help Please!

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am a new drone operator. I recently bought myself the Phantom 3 Professional and absolutely love it! I was hoping someone could help me understand a few things :

1) How can I include my telemetry information in 4K / 1080p videos on the SD card?

2) What are good FPV goggles that I can pick up? I am looking for something HD to utilize the 720p feed. However I was hoping to also get something with low motion blur/ latency to prevent dizziness.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

1) How can I include my telemetry information in 4K / 1080p videos on the SD card?
Turn on video captions in the app. It will create an .srt file that can be played using software that supports subtitles.
2) What are good FPV goggles that I can pick up? I am looking for something HD to utilize the 720p feed. However I was hoping to also get something with low motion blur/ latency to prevent dizziness.
there are no true HD goggles at the moment. this search should get you started: Search Results for Query: fpv goggles | DJI Phantom Forum

Turn on video captions in the app. It will create an .srt file that can be played using software that supports subtitles.

there are no true HD goggles at the moment. this search should get you started: Search Results for Query: fpv goggles | DJI Phantom Forum

Thank you so much for a quick reply! Will I be able to use the .srt file for editing purposes though? Essentially I would like to have a video in 4K with audio sped up upto 4 times. Will the .srt data be able to be sped up 4 times as well?

What about Dashware? I heard about that as well, is it compatible with the P3 Pro? If it is, are the output videos with gages in the original resolution or is it compressed down?

Thank you

Thank you so much for a quick reply! Will I be able to use the .srt file for editing purposes though? Essentially I would like to have a video in 4K with audio sped up upto 4 times. Will the .srt data be able to be sped up 4 times as well?
I don't believe so. .srt files are only for viewing.
What about Dashware? I heard about that as well, is it compatible with the P3 Pro? If it is, are the output videos with gages in the original resolution or is it compressed down?
Yes, dashware will work. Search these forums for tutorials.

Thank you so much! what resolution are their videos exported in? Have you used them ? do you like Dashware?

Also, with regards to the goggles, do you recommend that I wait till something HD comes out ? What about the Headplay HD? I thought that was 720p?

Who is "their"?

Yes, headplay is 720p. Perhaps the Dominator v3 are too. Search the forum for posts from guys using both.

Lol My bad .... its 8:22 am here :D I was referring to dashware. After syncing the Flight log with the video, what resolution does dashware export video's in?

For example, If i put a 4K video file in to add telemetry data onto, would it then add the data to the video and export it in 4K ( given that was the source format) ?

Also for iOS do you know how i can access my flight logs? I wish there was a step by step tutorial for iOS users with regards to adding telemetry data to videos.

Lol My bad .... its 8:22 am here :D I was referring to dashware. After syncing the Flight log with the video, what resolution does dashware export video's in?

For example, If i put a 4K video file in to add telemetry data onto, would it then add the data to the video and export it in 4K ( given that was the source format) ?

Also for iOS do you know how i can access my flight logs? I wish there was a step by step tutorial for iOS users with regards to adding telemetry data to videos.
This will get you started: Search Results for Query: dashware tutorial | DJI Phantom Forum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl