Another new Phantom owner.

Reaction score
Hello. New drone owner and new to the group and was looking for some help. I purchased a Phantom 2 VisionPlus V3 about two years ago. Had issues with the firmware and downloads. I am no computer guru but I think i can get by.:) Got aggravated and put it aside. Well now the wife wants me to get aerial photos of her gardens.Why originally purchased it. I have reloaded the phantom2 assistant 3.8 the RC Assistant 1.2 and the driver installer 2.02 several times.When i try to plug in the phantom it has no connection (no battery readings and no info displayed and when i try the controller with the driver installer it says install failed. I have been using some youtube vids for help but i'm still getting nowhere. I understand this phantom is becoming an older unit but it has never had the blades installed or even spun a motor. I looked for local groups around my area to maybe help and found nothing. If anyone thinks they can help with what i may be doing wrong it will be greatly appreciated and a Big
Thank you in advance.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! I don't have any personal experience with the P2, I went straight from the P1 to the P3. I'm sure others may be able to help you out, I just wanted to welcome you!
Best of luck getting her in the air! Fly Safe!

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! I don't have any personal experience with the P2, I went straight from the P1 to the P3. I'm sure others may be able to help you out, I just wanted to welcome you!
Best of luck getting her in the air! Fly Safe!

Thank you Ryan

Go to this pageDJI Phantom 2 Vision+ – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads
Download Phantom 2 assistant software v3.6 EXE
Download Phantom RC assistant software v1.2 EXE (for controller)
Download DJI WIN Driver Installer EXE
Hope it helps you out

Thanks for the reply Dronesky. Like I said in my original post have downloaded the software and drivers several times. Just to be sure I uninstalled all three items and used your link to get there. I reinstalled all three as you described. I even turned off all my firewalls to be sure. Unfortunately I got the same results. When i get the drone fired up and turn on the assistant 3.6 the assistant screen appears. When i go to the upgrade screen it appears with the Name Loader hardware firmware update. There is no info being displayed below.
What it seems to boil down to is that my drone and laptop are not communicating. Am i possilbly doing something out of order.
Here is a link to a youtube video i have been using
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKbuyMnEmK0&t=370s

I had the same problem with the WIN driver I couldnt get the rc to connect to the pc
Dollars to doughnuts it's your USB cable is just a charging cable, and not a "Data" cable. Either use the original DJI cable, or keep trying USB cables until your computer "sees" your drone. It should work correctly then...

Dollars to doughnuts it's your USB cable is just a charging cable, and not a "Data" cable. Either use the original DJI cable, or keep trying USB cables until your computer "sees" your drone. It should work correctly then...
I tried several different usb charging cables some of them were new they worked with AC but not the RC I no longer have the drone because im upgrading

Thanks all for the reply's. I am out of town until tomorrow. I have been using the DJI cable.I will try other cables and let you if it works. Fingers Crossed. Thanks again.

Ok, I think I know what may be causing your problem. This worked for me, I have windows 8.
Disable driver signature enforcement

To do this, get to the Windows 8 or 10 advanced boot options menu. For example, you can hold down the Shift key while you click the “Restart” option in Windows. Your computer will restart into the menu.
upload_2018-6-12_9-3-48.png

Select the “Troubleshoot” tile on the Choose an option screen that appears.
Select “Advanced options”.
Click the “Startup Settings” tile.
Click the “Restart” button to restart your PC into the Startup Settings screen.
Select the “Troubleshoot” tile on the Choose an option screen that appears.

Select “Advanced options”.

Click the “Startup Settings” tile.

Click the “Restart” button to restart your PC into the Startup Settings screen.

Type “7” or “F7” at the Startup Settings screen to activate the “Disable driver signature enforcement” option.

Your PC will boot with driver signature enforcement disabled and you’ll be able to install unsigned drivers.
However, the next time you restart your computer, driver signature enforcement will be disabled—unless
you go through this menu again. You’re now free to install drivers that haven’t been officially signed by Microsoft.

Once your computer Starts back up you have to manually install the driver. Plug your dji device into the computer "supply power from a battery" and open device manager.
You should see your device listed under ports as "USB Serial Device (COM##)".
Now right click that device and click properties and under the Drivers Tab Click Update Driver.
Then Click the "Have Disk..." Button.
Then Browse to this directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI driver2.02\source64
And Select The Dji Driver "dji_vcom_driver11.inf" and hit Open then OK
Hit Next and allow windows to install the driver software anyway.
Your Device Should now look like this in device manager and the DJI software should be able to connect.

Ok, I think I know what may be causing your problem.
Thanks for the write up David, but I gave up and sent it to DJI. It's damaged internally somehow, and needs some Chinese TLC.....

Thanks for sharing that David. This laptop is running 8. I may have to try that. To update.I did try using 4-5 different usb cables yesterday including the DJI and still no luck. I did order what they are saying is a Data/Computer/Sync/Charger Cable for the phantom vision+. I also did try using the wife's laptop tonight that is running 8.1. Same issue. I am really hoping i don't have a 3-4 hundred dollar paper weight here. Just hope this is
something (stupid) simple.Thanks again all for the help.

Hello all. Well the new Data/Computer/Sync/Charger Cable showed up today. And guess what. Same old
thing. I am at a loss here. Going to have to try Davids idea about the driver block/unblock. I have also put the word out to my friends and family for some help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.