FPV for Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm very new to the drone world and I've searched and read the posts I can find on here but I'm not really understanding this whole FPV thang. Please be patient with me! I have tried the Litchy app using a galaxy note 4 in a pair of cheap goggles but I wasn't really happy, I did like the way the camera would pan up and down but there was to much lag time overall. Now do I understand this correctly, what I need is a tablet with a HDMI output to plug into a pair of goggles? The tablet picks up the signal from the drone wi-fi and sends it to the goggles? I also found these goggles while doing a random internet search, are these something that would work? Eachine EV800D 5.8G 40CH Diversity FPV Goggles with DVR? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, I live in the Northwest Corner of Arkansas and I don't know anyone else in the hobby! Again, I'm sorry for the uber newby questions but we all started somewhere, right?
Thank you all so much!

Hello everyone, I'm very new to the drone world and I've searched and read the posts I can find on here but I'm not really understanding this whole FPV thang. Please be patient with me! I have tried the Litchy app using a galaxy note 4 in a pair of cheap goggles but I wasn't really happy, I did like the way the camera would pan up and down but there was to much lag time overall. Now do I understand this correctly, what I need is a tablet with a HDMI output to plug into a pair of goggles? The tablet picks up the signal from the drone wi-fi and sends it to the goggles? I also found these goggles while doing a random internet search, are these something that would work? Eachine EV800D 5.8G 40CH Diversity FPV Goggles with DVR? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, I live in the Northwest Corner of Arkansas and I don't know anyone else in the hobby! Again, I'm sorry for the uber newby questions but we all started somewhere, right?
Thank you all so much!
HI I did buy this eachine headset while back because the add said they would work on p3s,,,,NO,,they not work,,,they do work on cheap $30 drones as I find out,,,now they just sit in box,,,unsure which goggles work with p3s,because remote needs hdmi module unless p3s has ocusync which it don't,,I could not even get dji goggles to conect with p3s,,only me p4....and welcome to phantom pilots from NZ

Any goggles that operate on 5.8g signals will not work with drones that use WiFi for image transmission. (Those are great if you build your own drone or want to race, etc....) I'm using a tablet that connects to Yuneec Skyview goggles. I don't find the lag to be a problem since I don't fly fast or very close to stationary objects. The trick is to find a fast, inexpensive tablet that has HDMI output to use with Yuneec goggles.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Thank you so much gentlemen! I think I'm beginning to understand now, it's too bad I didn't have about $500.00 more to upgrade into the phantom 4 model.
Truly though, thank you! if anyone else has further advice I'd love to hear it!

The tablet I use is a Dragon Touch K10, $119 on Amazon. Yuneec Sky View Goggles, $49 on eBay and a micro HDMI to micro HDMI cable, $12 on eBay. A good bit less $500 for the Phantom 4 Pro, not to mention another $400 for DJI goggles.

Something to think about, anyway...

Last edited:
Thank you so much gentlemen! I think I'm beginning to understand now, it's too bad I didn't have about $500.00 more to upgrade into the phantom 4 model.
Truly though, thank you! if anyone else has further advice I'd love to hear it!
Do you already have a PlayStation VR? I used my psvr headset successfully with a p3standard. Had to put an HDMI splitter inline with hdmi out of iPad to defeat hdcp but it works perfectly otherwise.

Do you already have a PlayStation VR? I used my psvr headset successfully with a p3standard. Had to put an HDMI splitter inline with hdmi out of iPad to defeat hdcp but it works perfectly otherwise.
Good morning Ealanger
I'm not much of a gamer unfortunately, I don't have a Playstation but thank you for the suggestion!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4