New owner, any reason to stick to older firmwares?

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just picked up my P3P and I am slowly working my way through all the related threads - It's a lot of reading!

I'm at the point where I'm trying to decipher differences in firmware and what the downsides would be between updating or running an older DJI GO version with the old firmware (I'm assuming I won't get locked out due to firmware issues with an older app version)

My current firmware is as follows

DJI GO 2.6 (App requesting firmware updates for Aircraft, gimbal and battery)
P3P 1.4.0010
Remote 1.5.7

Now I've read lots about people wanting to move back to older firmwares and such for various reasons. Are any of the reasons valid for staying on 1.4.1 with an older version of DJI GO app? I read about the RTH altitude trick that I think only works on the older firmwares. Any other reasons?

Thanks for your help and time!

The majority of people who are using older firmware versions and/or are upset that they cannot revert back are either wanting to fly in no-fly zones or are worried that new no-fly zones will be created and prevent them from flying. And, then there are some others who have an if it's not broken don't fix it mentality. Personally, I like to fly on the latest firmware. I'm assuming it's the most bug-free version available (and it usually is).

Whatever you choose to do, do not use firmware 1.5. There are some battery related issues in that version that could allow your battery to reach a voltage level that'll cause it to shut off mid-flight.

Reactions: fordruid
Thanks for the quick reply msinger!

This is good to know. Luckily I'm not near any no-fly zones nor do I have an interest in trying to fly near them. I wouldn't mind flying on 1.4.1 for now but I don't know what firmware the battery is on or if it needs to be updated. As far as I know I have to update the aircraft to update the battery. I would assume the firmware would be alright to fly as it was shipped from DJI.

Thanks for your help

Yep, 1.4 is okay to use.

Is there somewhere I can find 1.4.1 (previously DJI go called it 1.4.0010)? I haven't been able to find it and I'd like to make sure my second battery is on 1.4.1 as well. I assume the one it shipped with is already up to date.

You can download 1.4 here.

Reactions: Mugenski

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94