New Member from Norwalk, CT - Copter/Drone Newbie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Yes I'm a copter newbie but willing to learn a lot about these machines. I'm sure I'll be reading and asking a lot of questions too.

Not new to forums as I'm also an avid motorcyclist for many years. I'm wondering if anybody on this forum is near Norwalk, CT?

I noticed there's the DJI forum but decided to enroll in PP forum. I think I've made the right decision eh? :)

Thanks for any tips guys.

Will

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome Will! I am new to this forum too! And I live close to Norwalk. I stay in Stamford CT. Are you a photographer? If you are and have an Instagram add me on there my username is dubs_by_design. Send me a message letting me know it is you.

Oh k. No I am not an experienced flyer. New to drones and RC vehicles. Just love taking photos and the phantom 4 is awesome for that!

Ah ha ! gotcha. I'll taken photos and videos but certainly not a pro. I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to drones too so I'm looking forward to learn as much as possible. Do you have a specific area that you've flown the P4?

I think Ive about 10 hrs of flight on the phantom. So also still learning! Most of my flying was on my vacation in the Philippines. But prior to that mostly learnt at a baseball field across from where I live.

Welcome to the forum Will .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to the forum Will .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Thanks a bunch Dirk ! yes I'll definitely have plenty of questions but I'll use the search bar first then go for there. I see this site is quite active which is a good thing which is why I decided to join this site instead of others.

Reactions: dirkclod
I think Ive about 10 hrs of flight on the phantom. So also still learning! Most of my flying was on my vacation in the Philippines. But prior to that mostly learnt at a baseball field across from where I live.

Dubs, wow nice ! Okay sounds like I'll be practicing at nearby open parks/fields. Who knows maybe we can get together during Springtime 2017 to fly these copters?

Oh u
Hello, willzx14R , I'm in New Haven

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Big Fella, Oh yes New Haven..not too far. Actually a nice place to fly would be that area near the IKEA off the (it's not adjacent b/c then it would be too dangerous) highway in New Haven? Have you flown there?

Hey guys,

...decided to enroll in PP forum. I think I've made the right decision eh? :)

Thanks for any tips guys.

Will

( in my 3rd grader voice ) YOU SAID P P lol... welcome to the forum, I used to live in Shelton, CT ( went to Shelton high ) and I occasionally go up there and Bridgeport and planning on bringing my quad next time . There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. as far as tips... don't get over-confident, even the best pilots will crash or have, at least, a close call. fly safe, there are rules and regs.. no one is perfect or completely law abiding but you should definitely familiarize yourself with the laws and stuff. Then make a calculated decision from there.. Welcome

( in my 3rd grader voice ) YOU SAID P P lol... welcome to the forum, I used to live in Shelton, CT ( went to Shelton high ) and I occasionally go up there and Bridgeport and planning on bringing my quad next time . There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. as far as tips... don't get over-confident, even the best pilots will crash or have, at least, a close call. fly safe, there are rules and regs.. no one is perfect or completely law abiding but you should definitely familiarize yourself with the laws and stuff. Then make a calculated decision from there.. Welcome

Oops my bad. Lol meant to quote PF. Good points; read the forum rules but yes definitely the law as well. I have pretty good situational awareness so I'll do my best to use when flying so I don't get into any hairy situations.

Love quads they're lots of fun for sure. [emoji108]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers