New member from Maryland

Reaction score
Hi from Maryland. Long time RC guy, purchased a Phantom 3 Advanced back around 2016 from an authorized dealer. Only flew it a few times and it's been sitting ever since. Recently downloaded DJI Go on my Samsung Note 20 and connected to Camera view and the screen shows 3 required updates (firmware, camera and battery). I downloaded the last firmware update 2017 on my computer but I can not access the micro SD card on the Phantom when trying to connect using the usb cable. I am aware that DJI no longer supports the Phantom 3 but I'm hoping there is a way I can do the required updates and fly again using my current phone. Previously I was using my Samsumg 3 when I originally purchased the Phantom new back in the day. If anyone lives in the area or has the time to try to help me get back in the air I would greatly appreciate it. I just joined this forum today to try to get things going. The DJI store in NJ recommended shipping my drone to DJINYC for them to update things but I'm hoping there's a better way without shipping. I appreciate any help I can get and looking forward to getting involved again and being part of this group of enthusiasts. Hoping I don't have a $1200 paperweight on my hands!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to Mavic Phantom Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!👍

Reactions: Gagey52 and GFields
Hi from Maryland. Long time RC guy, purchased a Phantom 3 Advanced back around 2016 from an authorized dealer. Only flew it a few times and it's been sitting ever since. Recently downloaded DJI Go on my Samsung Note 20 and connected to Camera view and the screen shows 3 required updates (firmware, camera and battery). I downloaded the last firmware update 2017 on my computer but I can not access the micro SD card on the Phantom when trying to connect using the usb cable. I am aware that DJI no longer supports the Phantom 3 but I'm hoping there is a way I can do the required updates and fly again using my current phone. Previously I was using my Samsumg 3 when I originally purchased the Phantom new back in the day. If anyone lives in the area or has the time to try to help me get back in the air I would greatly appreciate it. I just joined this forum today to try to get things going. The DJI store in NJ recommended shipping my drone to DJINYC for them to update things but I'm hoping there's a better way without shipping. I appreciate any help I can get and looking forward to getting involved again and being part of this group of enthusiasts. Hoping I don't have a $1200 paperweight on my hands!
Have you already tried to fly as is before you change anything such as FW? It’s often difficult to troubleshoot issues when too many things are changing at once.

Note that many on the forum choose to never update the firmware. Myself included. Of course, many also update straight away, so it’s a personal choice.

Do you know which versions of firmware are currently on your AC and your RC? Some versions introduce dramatic changes to functionality and process, so it important to understand what’s happening so you can better decide what is best for you.

Is there a reason you are not installing the FW file directly to the SD card while it’s in your computer, and then taking the SD card out of your computer (now with the FW loaded) and putting it in your AC?

Reactions: GFields

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers