New Map info/problem?

Reaction score
I thought I'd check to see if new firmware was needed before I fly next week. I removed props and fired up my iPad, then controller, then the AC. It's sitting on my desk. It sees 2 to 3 sats.

First thing I noticed is the Home was still set at my last flight, about 5 miles away. I walked outside, put the AC on the porch and noticed several more satellites but the home still said it was still at 5 miles away. It never did change. Tried to set it manually but it says the home point wasn't recorded. Battery was getting low so I changed it.

Now, my map was showing a red dot for home but the map was obscurred by and almost solid color. I zoomed out from the dot and saw a color wheel marking the nearby uncontrolled airport anlon with the class C airport 15 miles away.

I've never seen this type of map before. I tried different settings but found no way to mute the solid colors. What's happening?
Oh, I tried restarting everything but I still have the same condition. Anybody?

I'm beginning to think this has something to do with the new No Fly Zone data info it's been trying to get me to download? I've just now downloaded it. Still the same problem. I appear to be in a flight path to the airport.

Reactions: Hounddog
Are you actually arming the motors and launching the aircraft outside? Home Point is set at/around lift off IIRC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez