New lens on Phantom 4, will it fit the P3?

Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if it will be possible to get one of the new Phantom 4 lenses and fit it to a Phantom 3?
The lens on the Phantom 3 is screw on, does the Phantom 4 have the same screw thread?
It is the same sensor so I'm guessing this may be possible.

What do you think?

The screw on bit is not the lens, just a filter. The lens is a bit more integrated, you could potentially swap them I guess if you took apart the camera, but doubt it would be worth the effort and risk

The screw on bit is not the lens, just a filter. The lens is a bit more integrated, you could potentially swap them I guess if you took apart the camera, but doubt it would be worth the effort and risk
I actually did mean the lens thread not the outer thread for the front glass.

There are aftermarket lenses for the P3 (search on the board). Unless the camera is actually the same sensor and physical mount it is unlikely to work. I imagine it will be hard to get a lens right off the bat from DJI although you might query some of the early and unsuccessful object avoidance testers here.

Reactions: RayH
There are aftermarket lenses for the P3 (search on the board). Unless the camera is actually the same sensor and physical mount it is unlikely to work. I imagine it will be hard to get a lens right off the bat from DJI although you might query some of the early and unsuccessful object avoidance testers here.
Haha, ok thanks.
It's just that they state it will be an improved lens(the sensor is the same). I only bought a P3P for photography and any gain in optics would be welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Haha, ok thanks.
It's just that they state it will be an improved lens(the sensor is the same). I only bought a P3P for photography and any gain in optics would be welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It should work. I've tried swapping lenses in my Phantom 3 (Peau lens) but didn't like the result with really bad corner sharpness. I'm trying to find a Phantom 4 lens right now but no luck. Will try to contact DJI and convince them to send me a P4 lens.

I'd love to hear about this. I've tried the Peau lenses - not really enough of a difference to recommend doing it. The ONLY difference between a P4 and a P3P photographically speaking is the lens (at least sort of according to DJI). They look like they might fit, but the devil will be in the details. I've not been terribly impressed with P4 stills - they look a whole lot like P3's and basically are in the quality range of a five year old cell phone camera. But I have a couple of P3A camera / gimbals that I'm using to play with and i would swap a P4 lens on one if I could find one at a reasonable price.

I suppose I could run around flea bay and see if there are wrecked P4s available. In my spare time. Right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31