New laptop, Naza doesnt recognize Phantom

Reaction score
I used to have to borrow a PC (I'm a Mac guy) to calibrate the phantom. Went and bought a cheap PC with win 8 already loaded. Cheaper than parallels, Win 8 builder etc.
Downloaded NAZA assistant and driver and it doesn't recognize the phantom. Uninstalled and reinstalled both several times and still no dice. Anyone else see this and have solution?

I have no solution, but I have the same issue. Have tried several installations in Windows Parallel 8 running Windows 8 Pro. If you notice while attempting to install the DJI WIN8 Driver Installer, there is a popup window showing "not needed (hardware not detected)" or something similar to that message. The USB port is not recognizing the NAZA-M in the Phantom. Very frustrating. I need to do a basic IMU calibration, out of the box it would give 6 fast green LED flashes along with the single green flash after warmup. When I spin up the motors, it will give 2 green LED flashes, and as I takeoff, the Phantom slightly rolls to the right. After about 3 minutes of holding the control stick slightly to the left to compensate, it will settle out and hover normally hands off.

I have only just received my Phantom and have yet to unpack it so I'm new to this game.

But if you go to the Phantom FAQ's on the DJI web site under 'Software Problems - Why my Windows 7 OS cannot install the assistant drive successfully?' You will see that you may need the userser.sys file which is downloadable there (the zip file contains instructions on how o install it). I know this is for Windows 7, but the Windows 8 architecture is very similar, so I wonder if this could be the problem??

Harvey

Great!

Dummy me, in Windows Parallels go to devices, then USB, select "DJI CONTROLLER" and bang, Windows 8 loads in the Phantom, everything solved. Like I suspected, there was a large error in the IMU gyro around 4.8. Did an advanced calibration and while keeping the Phantom level, zeroed it in about 8 minutes. Straight and true on takeoff now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4