New(ish) phantom 4 Pro won’t fly straight

Reaction score
So I got a newish phantom 4 Pro and took it out this past week and could not get it to fly straight to save my life. I just updated the firmware before I took it out.

I recalibrated the imu and the compass, I’m going to recalibrate the remote. Is there anything else I can do? Anything else I should look for before contacting the seller? I don’t remember this as an issue with the phantom 4 standard, but I also remember thinking I didn’t like the remote for the p4p either.

So I got a newish phantom 4 Pro and took it out this past week and could not get it to fly straight to save my life. I just updated the firmware before I took it out.

I recalibrated the imu and the compass, I’m going to recalibrate the remote. Is there anything else I can do? Anything else I should look for before contacting the seller? I don’t remember this as an issue with the phantom 4 standard, but I also remember thinking I didn’t like the remote for the p4p either.

Have you been flying in P or Atti mode?

I haven't tried it myself but another user from Brazil used this to fix compass errors. I looked at the video which was posted in his thread and I'm wondering if this applies to your situation. Can't recall exactly what thread it was in but I was able to find the video by searching for cfixer dji on Youtube.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Make sure when drone is on, the camera isn’t off center. Turn on the drone and look straight down on the drone, camera pointing straight forward?

[QUOTE = "shutter13, post: 1341614, członek: 106219"] Tak więc dostałem nowonarodzonego Phantom 4 Pro i wyjąłem go w zeszłym tygodniu i nie mogłem go przelecieć prosto, by uratować mi życie. Właśnie zaktualizowałem oprogramowanie, zanim je wyjąłem.

Ponownie skalibrowałem IMU i kompas, zamierzam dokonać ponownej kalibracji pilota. Czy mogę coś jeszcze zrobić? Czy powinienem jeszcze szukać czegoś, zanim skontaktuję się ze sprzedawcą? Nie pamiętam tego jako problemu ze standardem phantom 4, ale pamiętam też, że nie podobało mi się również pilota dla p4p. [/ QUOTE]
Zwróć uwagę jak leci w trybie rth czy nie ustawia dziub na północ?

I have not had a chance to fly it again between weather and work, I have to fly it tonight for work, one thing I have noticed is every time I start the AC I am told the IMU must be calibrated if I let it sit for a bit that turns into IMU initialization and then nothing. When I look the IMU (gyroscope) is usually in the green but a much larger sample than the accelerometer. It also tends to get smaller with time. I always remember the P4 saying the IMU was initializing and then warming up, but never saying it had to be calibrated. This is every time I start the AC after it’s sat for awhile. Also every time I calibrate the IMU I have to do a gimbal calibration, not sure if that’s normal or not.

Here are a couple of screen shots these were taken after restarting the AC directly after an IMU calibration.

This is upon restart
582acf5fa3c5c39dd09ca1693c665bb9.jpg

This is about a minute later after the IMU has warmed up
33c4a87e75a3ff482dd6d6470f973dca.jpg

I had this issue with mine, it turns out the camera wasn't pointing straight. A few twists of the gimbal in the opposite direction and all was well again.

I shot a real estate video with it the other night and I made sure to calibrate the compass before I started, I also calibrated the remote before I left for the shoot and it flew straight for me. I am still a little concerned that it tells me to calibrate the IMU every time I start it up and it’s cold. When it warms up that goes away, but it makes me worry.

I shot a real estate video with it the other night and I made sure to calibrate the compass before I started, I also calibrated the remote before I left for the shoot and it flew straight for me. I am still a little concerned that it tells me to calibrate the IMU every time I start it up and it’s cold. When it warms up that goes away, but it makes me worry.
It is normal for the IMU to need to warm up before every flight. A single cold IMU calibration can shorten that time significantly. As long as you have no IMU warning when it is warmed up, everything should be fine, but keep an eye on it anyway.

Reactions: shutter13

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers