New: HealthyDrones.com - cool health checks for your Phantom

Eran. I don't know if you've seen this yet but Simon posted this review of HD on his YouTube channel. Simon is one of the most respected Drone commentators in the UK and around the world.

Just released full support for Inspire 1, Phantom 3 Standard and Matrice 100.

The Inspire 1 battery will now report on all of the 6 cells. Everything else should work the same on all models.

Cheers!

Reactions: Jeff48920
Just released full support for Inspire 1, Phantom 3 Standard and Matrice 100.

The Inspire 1 battery will now report on all of the 6 cells. Everything else should work the same on all models.

Cheers!
Hi Eran, first of all thanks for what you've done. One question, is it possible to add a check to control if the bird fly straight combining gps position and stick input?

Reactions: brianb87
Eran, you are incredible and should wear a cape. Thank you very much for providing an amazing array of P3 data. Love it.

Hi Eran, first of all thanks for what you've done. One question, is it possible to add a check to control if the bird fly straight combining gps position and stick input?
Hi Steven, yes, more flying reports are on my to do list, please stay tuned :)

Reactions: StevenQX
Awesome.
I've only skimmed through this thread. Have you thought of IOS and Android?? You should make money by offering this a free app with ads.

Awesome.
I've only skimmed through this thread. Have you thought of IOS and Android?? You should make money by offering this a free app with ads.
That's a good idea. Since the logs are stored on the device it would be cool to have an app that will auto display this awesome info

Hi guys! just to loop back on the 2 requests above - I know a few of you have asked for something like this. For those of you who are interested - you can now automatically upload your flight logs to HealthyDrones.com with Litchi. More info is available here: HealthyDrones.com and Litchi

Cheers!

Eran, first off thanks so much for this awesome tool! Good job!

Second, is there a way to add a minimum altitude setting? I sometimes fly down into canyons and it would be cool to see that info too. For example I recently flew over -1000 feet, but HealthyDrones only shows the unimpressive positive elevation.

Third, is there a way to add an export function to retrieve the log file back? I know I have the file already, but they sometimes get lost in all the hullabaloo.

Thanks!

Eran, first off thanks so much for this awesome tool! Good job!

Second, is there a way to add a minimum altitude setting? I sometimes fly down into canyons and it would be cool to see that info too. For example I recently flew over -1000 feet, but HealthyDrones only shows the unimpressive positive elevation.

Third, is there a way to add an export function to retrieve the log file back? I know I have the file already, but they sometimes get lost in all the hullabaloo.

Thanks!
Thanks!

Yes - the export function is already on my list and will come soon. I'll add the negative altitude as well. -1000 feet is very impressive!

Yes +1 for both of those features. In fact, the download feature will be great now that the logs are auto-uploaded. If I can download, then I can save the originals without ever touching my tablet (in the past was running a file manager that had a FTP server in it so I could wirelessly transfer that way - I prefer automatic).

I haven't done -1000' but have done a few hundred.

Thanks for creating this site! I signed up and will use it for post-flight review for all my flights!

Hi Eran. Here is an interesting one for you: I went flying in the South African bushveld this past weekend. It is a fairly flat, harsh terrain, with low trees and it is very sparsely populated so I thought I'd do some serious distance flying. I did several flights from between 10k feet to 15k feet out with no incidents. However, when I attempted a 16k feet flight I encountered a curious problem: Just after I had turned around to come home I lost RC signal. No warning, no reduction in number of bars, nothing. It just dropped completely. I was 16000 feet out so there was absolutely nothing I could do but trust DJI's RTH. After several minutes of anguish the signal suddenly returned, with my quad reporting that it was indeed in RTH mode and about 12k feet out.

The interesting thing is that it was seen and recorded as two separate flights! The outbound flight just stopped in midair while the return flight recorded its home point at 12k feet out!
HealthyDrones shows a very strong signal at the point of losing it, and an equally strong signal at 12k coming home. I have had RTHs before, but they have always been recorded as one flight. This break in signal was certainly the longest I have experienced, which may explain it.

You can see the outbound flight here: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

and the inbound flight is here : HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

You will notice that the inbound flight shows the total flight time.

PS. I did manage 5.2 km (17220 feet out) after this - perfect signal all the way there and back : HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl