New, have had over 6 weeks, sent in for repair, still does not work

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 4 Pro Plus, the controller did not work when it was new in the box, I sent both the controller and drone to Calif. for repair, was finally returned and it still does not work. I am out $2,000., and 6 weeks time and totally frustrated and disappointed in the service with Amazon dot com and with the DJI company.

I turn on the drone [battery, and yes it is fully charged] and I turn on the controller [ and yes, according to the lights it is also fully charged], the screen on the controller says the aircraft is not connected. In the settings it says to calibrate the sticks, which I have done, and still the aircraft is not connected to the controller.

I did a great deal of research when purchasing a drone and this was suppose to be the best. I have found otherwise. Do any of you have any thoughts as to how I can get my money returned or get the drone operational without spending more of my time and money?? Your thoughts and input are appreciated.

Will not let me relink. It seems the controller and the aircraft will not speak with each other. Do any of you recommend another drone company. I am willing to eat the $2,000 spent and throw this one in the trash. Life is much to short to banter back and forth with a company who does not care about customer service.

Last edited:
bring it to one of the drone shops near you and try re-linking it.

Best of luck!

I bought a Phantom 4 Pro Plus, the controller did not work when it was new in the box, I sent both the controller and drone to Calif. for repair, was finally returned and it still does not work. I am out $2,000., and 6 weeks time and totally frustrated and disappointed in the service with Amazon dot com and with the DJI company.

I turn on the drone [battery, and yes it is fully charged] and I turn on the controller [ and yes, according to the lights it is also fully charged], the screen on the controller says the aircraft is not connected. In the settings it says to calibrate the sticks, which I have done, and still the aircraft is not connected to the controller.

I did a great deal of research when purchasing a drone and this was suppose to be the best. I have found otherwise. Do any of you have any thoughts as to how I can get my money returned or get the drone operational without spending more of my time and money?? Your thoughts and input are appreciated.
If the aircraft didn't work on the first day, I would return the drone to the Amazon seller who you purchased it. Something similar happened to me with the phantom 3 standard. I spoke with the Amazon seller and they exchanged it with another standard. The second standard has been an amazing machine, no issues and I got this drone for almost a year. If you had returned the drone on the first day that you found out it didn't work, you could have your money back or an exchanged. But it's too late for that, Amazon only offer 30 days for return or exchange.

@besthazer : Are you able to see the camera view and control the gimbal --- it's just the flight computer part not connecting (battery info, etc).

Will not let me relink. It seems the controller and the aircraft will not speak with each other. Do any of you recommend another drone company. I am willing to eat the $2,000 spent and throw this one in the trash. Life is much to short to banter back and forth with a company who does not care about customer service.
Can you describe the process you did for re-linking?

Here is a video on the DJI site, but as the previous poster pointed out, you may have a firmware mismatch and may need to downgrade your firmware and reinstall in the proper order for both the drone and remote

dji web player

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z