New guy. Lots of questions.

So the phantom 2V+ arrived on monday which I was very excited about! unfortunatly it was a very rainy day here in california, and our power went out. I opened the package under candel light haha. The next day (with power) I got everything tested. The telemtry was giving me issues at first, but I opened it up made sure all the wires were seated in their connections, and tested it again, everything seems to be working fine now with the vision app on my iphone 7+! I am happ to see its the v3 with the holes in the wifi module. I am wondering if I am better off flying it as is since it is working, or if I should risk plugging it into to the phantom assistant and having it do a firmware upgrade on me. I suppose I could disable the wifi on my computer before pluggin it in. Its the firmware upgrades that have caused issues on these P2V+ right?

Reactions: David Bruce Kerr
I think if it was me, I'd go out and fly!
So the phantom 2V+ arrived on monday which I was very excited about! unfortunatly it was a very rainy day here in california, and our power went out. I opened the package under candel light haha. The next day (with power) I got everything tested. The telemtry was giving me issues at first, but I opened it up made sure all the wires were seated in their connections, and tested it again, everything seems to be working fine now with the vision app on my iphone 7+! I am happ to see its the v3 with the holes in the wifi module. I am wondering if I am better off flying it as is since it is working, or if I should risk plugging it into to the phantom assistant and having it do a firmware upgrade on me. I suppose I could disable the wifi on my computer before pluggin it in. Its the firmware upgrades that have caused issues on these P2V+ right?

If you ever loose video feed back to your viewing device, keep this in mind.

https://www.dji.com/mobile/newsroom/news/dji-to-offer-p2-care-plan-for-certain-us-phantom-2-series-user

Don’t get in there and start dicking around. Just call in and send that puppy in. I recently bought one second hand for Next to nothing to take advantage of this. I was upgraded to a Phantom 3SE for Free! It’s only good in the US and only good if it has NEVER been modified in any way internally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark The Droner
I opened it up, it has been modified, the gps antenna apears to be aftermarket. and there was some extra copper shileding, also the gps was upside down. I got it all worked out and flew it yesterday showed 20 satelites, so I know that the gps is working well. I am still getting intermittent wifi connection.. I opened up the wifi case and applied the artic silver 5 thermal paste, it worked great for a flight, then later that evening, I was gaving more wifi connectivity issues.. is it work flashing the wifi module?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak