New GPS Tracker Installed

Reaction score
I debated putting a GPS tracker on my PV2+ and finally have. I researched so many and I finally settled on this because of its features. Its made by Pocket Finder and it is very small and works nationwide. It provides realtime locations overlayed onto Google Maps, updates every 2 mins, provides heading, GPS Coordinates, Speed, and records 60 days worth of tracking history so it will literally show me the exact path of my PV2+ for up to 60 days. You can retrieve the data via their phone app or pc and you can also visually see how many satellites its receiving, battery strength, closest address, sends sms text when battery is low, you can set zone alarms, and so much more. Its really amazing. The unit cost me $118 via amazon with a 12.00 per month fee but its worth every dime. I have tested it hard for the past two days and its accurate to just a few feet. Very Impressed. I have attached a photo to show my instillation with velcro and I can still access the battery with no problem. It comes with a drop in charger and receives a full charge in 4 hours that last 6 days set on a 2 min update which is customizable. I highly recommend the Pocket Finder!

suvgj7.jpg

yes this works NATIONWIDE. for you.

anyone living overseas know of that works WORLDWIDE?

i live in turkey and havent found a european service that works in this neck of woods.

thanks.

thanks.

looks like same ole problem...the service originates in USA and they charge higher roaming fees as you track outside USA.

cant imagine the europeans dont want to track their pets with more local servers. still looking.

nedro018 said:
thanks.

looks like same ole problem...the service originates in USA and they charge higher roaming fees as you track outside USA.

cant imagine the europeans dont want to track their pets with more local servers. still looking.

Yes I think I that is wrong as well. I feel that the $12.95 US is a good price for peace of mind and the features are amazing. I tested this thing today and had my son walk into the woods and sit down behind a tree so I could not see him. I used the phone app and it showed me his exact course he walked what his heading was, GPS Coords and how fast he was walking. I tracked him with my phone to the exact location. Uses the most recent google maps or you can choose other map views. It actually told me how many satellites I had and the GSM cell service strength. It records all tacking data on a map for up to 60 days. I cannot believe the features it has. It transmits its current location every 2 mins or can be programmed for longer intervals, If the unit goes motionless for 30 minutes it will go into a sleep mode to conserve battery but you can press locate on the app and it will ping it every time you press locate. Battery lasts for 6 days. You can also set geo fences for it to notify you via SMS text if you go outside that set area, also sends a low battery alarm via text. It also displays battery condition on the app. I am very impressed especially for a cost of $118.00 and $12.95 a month.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl