New Flytrex Goodies

T mobile
I go from blue to the green
i have taken out the flytrap cable and hooked back up to gps. recalibrated, compass dance . It still wants to take off and I have to go catch it. Recalibrated IMU

This is a better summary

I would sure appreciate any thoughts.
yesterday i added my flytrex live, which was working. to my PV2+
when i took the top of the shell off on the PV2+ to connect the gps wires, the only connection from the shell to the board was the GPS. Am I missing a connection from the top of the shell to the phantom?
My first fight I had 7 satellite locks. i took off and the phantom went crazy, flying right and left. Did not respond to controls and crashed into the grass. Only prop damage.

I have since done advanced IMU calabration x 2- No change. Still won't stay in one area. Doesn't really hover, it just takes off I remain in gps phantom GPS mode, and both switches are in the up position. It was working fine before I put the flytrex live in

I rechecked the flytrap cable and they were tight.- Same problem
I took the flytrex cable out, still have the flytrex on board, but only connected to power. Same issue
Today I switched to NAZA mode and than switched back to phantom mode to try and set defaults.
I always have a good satellite lock

I have calibrated the sticks to the controller and than from the controller to the phantom numerous times
any thoughts would be appreciated.
I have attached some pictures of my current calibration

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 440
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 448
amitregev said:
Hi MadMitch88 :)

Totally agree - adding a link/button and indication to pilot's profile is essential, can't go without. Development takes some time, but we're really doing our utmost to move forward as quickly as possible.

For some good news -- we just announced on our FB page new site updates. Among the new features we also added a new Live Flight button together with some UI refresh we did to the Profile View display.

Clicking the new Live Flight button takes you to the Live Flight Channel. Plus, the button itself changes color (to bright green) and updates its status to "ON AIR" whenever you fly with Flytrex Live, so others can easily join the Live Flight Channel whenever you take off.

This is of course just a start - much more in that direction is planned, but that's a fair start that should make it MUCH easier for pilots to find their Live Flight Channel and also make it possible for others to see when you're flying.

Sorry for the slight delay - I wanted to reply only after having some good news on that matter. :)

Amit,

That new feature in Facebook is a good step in the right direction. Now just add that green glow button to the users' Profile page and then you fellas really nailed it! :mrgreen:

It's great that you guys over at Flytrex are hanging out in discussion boards like this one and listening to customers' complaints and ideas. That is a positive sign that your company wants to be around for the long haul and committed to making great products that we want to keep buying. :D

Cheers,
Mad Mitchie

isky172 said:
Update (8/28/2014):

Previous posting - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19907&start=160#p220327

So dissatisfied with the way the FLT was "working" I was going to try anything. So I ripped it out from its casing (gently) and placed it within the body of my P2. Now, all the data seems to be pretty accurate, except for the data logged before takeoff - which has the bird going 3 to 5 feet all over the place (side to side, back and forth - not related to vertical) despite it being in a stationary spot during pre-flight.

Anyway, in a desperate attempt I simply uncased it, repositioned the FLT, and now it's behaving as I would expect for the most part. Strange eh? One thing I did check before repositioning was whether the barometer was covered - and it wasn't - it had a wide opening/full opening. A simple reposition of the device made it work. I almost don't care what caused the original bad-data, now that it's working. Whew....didn't want to go through an RMA process. Here's what it looks like now using Dashware: http://youtu.be/7vKp2zCVUXE

Update: 08/31/2014: Someone asked for images of my install....

Attachments

• 01 - Flytrex extracted.png
    01 - Flytrex extracted.png
    502.6 KB · Views: 318
  • 02 - Flytrex lifted - exposed battery ends covered 2.png
    02 - Flytrex lifted - exposed battery ends covered 2.png
    533.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 03 - Flytrex installed - overhead 1.png
    03 - Flytrex installed - overhead 1.png
    477.8 KB · Views: 405
  • 04 - Flytrex installed - overhead 2.png
    04 - Flytrex installed - overhead 2.png
    497 KB · Views: 332
  • 05 - Flytrex installed - sideview.png
    05 - Flytrex installed - sideview.png
    395.2 KB · Views: 390
isky172 said:
Update: 08/31/2014: Someone asked for images of my install....

Seems to be a Phantom 2 ?
I see no wifi module next to the naza.
Therefore V+ owners this can't be done with your bird.

From a point of where to mount the Live, where is the normal CofG of the Vision Plus? I do have a plastic gimbal guard fitted on mine but can't think for one minute that it's weight should have much of an impact

WellyflyerNZ said:
amitregev said:
WellyflyerNZ said:
Firstly, thanks to all on this forum. I have been learning so much about my new quad from reading on here.

Today I installed my flytrex live into my phantom 2 vision plus.

I have a SIM card with 2g gprs data tested and working. (Tested on an iPhone 4 with 3G turned off)

Vodafone nz is the provider.

After startup the flytrex live is giving the following signal on the led.

One long red flash followed by six short red flashes. Continues in a loop.

Does anyone know what that means?

Does anyone here know how to manually change the apn setting for the flytrex live?

I assume it can be done via USB? But after reading some of the issues, I would not be all that surprised if thisnfeaturemwas not yet available.

Thanks

Hi WellyflyerNZ :)

The 6 red flashes indicates that you are getting an error response from the Flytrex server. The good news are that it means you got the network connection part working nicely since you're already getting a response from our server.

In most cases, this happens when activating Flytrex Live without registering it with your account first. The server then sends back an error saying that this Live is not linked to any account - hence it doesn't know where to store the data streamed from this Live device.

Registering your Flytrex Live with your account takes seconds. Take a look at the Registering Your Flytrex Live section at our user manual here: http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-live/manual/

After registering give it another try. If this was the cause, the LED should flash green on the next power up. :)

** Actually -- it is possible that your Live is also pending for firmware update, so it might first flash blue/purple several times the first time you power it up after registration the device. This is just the new firmware being pushed. I suggest you read quickly our latest firmware update post, just so you know what LED lights to expect. This will only happen once, in the first power up cycle after registering your Live for the first time. See here: http://www.flytrex.com/blog/flytrex-liv ... -released/

Let me know how it goes! :)

So I had already registered with flytrex on the website. I am 99% sure, as I used the QR code on the back of the flytrex before installing.

Took my phantom with the flytrex attached out for a play this evening.

All worked perfectly. From start position to end position. Not a dropped piece of data. This was great to see after reading the negative feedback on here. In NZ I think 2G will be round for a while yet hopefully.

Maybe there was a delay on the server registering the device?

Anyway, all working. Happy camper.

Amit. I have emailed you on facebook too, letting you know it's all working.
Can I please get involved in the ios testing if there are any spots left?

Thanks

Chris

I have been out for a few more flights today. once again I am getting the one slow red flash followed by six quick red flashes.

Not a gsm reception issue, as it was flown in the same area where I had it working perfectly.

Anyone else having this issue? its no good if it works only sometimes.

Why would I be getting what Amit has said is an error code from the flytrex servers? Amit?

Cheers

I will try and re-register my device tonight. But i cant think that would be the problem. registering the device to an account can only be a one time thing right

I had the same with mine. Then I tried out all the carrier-SIMs I could get my hands on and found the LED sequence referring to the Live not being able to connect to Flytrex servers. Some of my carriers use a non-standard APN or support 3g only. Those give the 1 long red and 6 short reds cycle. A couple of other SIM (i.e. The one from my wifes iPhone) works great and the Live connects right away and then shows green.

I need the software utility from Flytrex which allows for manually setting the APN in the Live for the "non standard APN one" which the SIM/Carrier I bought extra for it uses. I know it supports 2g sonit can only be the APN which is unsupported by Live as default.

However, right now Flytrex wont reply to support inquiries so if anyone here has a copy of the tool, please mail me a copy!

The strange thing I am seeing is that it HAS worked with the sim card I have in the flytrex. 2G is definitely supported.

Flytrex... Can we PLEASE have the software to change the apn????

Why am I not too surprised that the day came - and went without any real news or support from Flytrex?
What I fail to understand is, since a utility does exist - and as Flytrex has already sent to some of their customers - why dont they simply reply to request to do the same now ?

When and if I hear anything, I will post news here...

My guess is it will be about the completion of the FLT Mobile App?

But needs to be about 3G/4G firmware update for those in the US market.

flyNfrank said:
My guess is it will be about the completion of the FLT Mobile App?

But needs to be about 3G/4G firmware update for those in the US market.

I don't think you are going to see that in a firmware update, rather a Live V2...

Im still having a hard time getting anyone from the company to emil me back. I have emailed 5 times about an RMA for my flytrap live.
Not to knock the company but the customer service is crappy

Agreed - the lady answering email is OK but the engeneers behind dont follow up.
The mail I got related specifically to an announcement related to the APN tool for those of us having problems with that.
Perhaps today is my lucky day...

familyman5821 said:
Im still having a hard time getting anyone from the company to emil me back. I have emailed 5 times about an RMA for my flytrap live.
interesting... I got a reply stating "In sending the product back to us (shipping the cheapest method possible) once we receive it then I am able to issue a refund so just keep that in the back of your mind." They did not provide me an RMA...

familyman5821 said:

I agree 100%.

I've asked the nice tech support lady about changing the name on my Flytrex account to my new business name, and she politely told me she would have it changed within 1-2 days. Here it is a week later and still no change. Should I bombard her with hundreds of emails?

Flytrex seems to be a typical startup company with growing pains but they need to learn Customer Service 101 or they will go extinct rather quickly.

Reactions: struijs

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT