New firmware

Reaction score
Okay I've got a serious question... Two weeks ago I lost my brand new p4p to a fly away. The moment I first turned on my new drone it prompted me for the new firmware so I uploaded it to my drone. Now I'm seeing and hearing lots of bad things about the new firmware. Getting my new drone sometime today and wondering if I should upload the new firmware or just leave it like it is? I don't want to go through what I went through again and I'm thinking the firmware might have had something to do with it.

Sorry for your loss :( Hang in there you will get a few views on updating or not. Did you post any logs on your lost P4P? This forum has several pilots who can analyse the data and help you to find out the probable cause(s) of your craft not coming back home. These guys are real good at this and they will list the probabilities why it got lost. The craft just flying away is very very rare. The real analyzers will not scold you, they just are willing to find why, this helps you and other pilots to be aware of the sequence of events that lead to your loss and hopefully prevent it from happening again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Southam Creative
Okay I've got a serious question... Two weeks ago I lost my brand new p4p to a fly away. The moment I first turned on my new drone it prompted me for the new firmware so I uploaded it to my drone. Now I'm seeing and hearing lots of bad things about the new firmware. Getting my new drone sometime today and wondering if I should upload the new firmware or just leave it like it is? I don't want to go through what I went through again and I'm thinking the firmware might have had something to do with it.
99% of flyaways are caused by common pilot errors rather than system errors including firmware updates. As already suggested, upload your flight record and let's take a look and see what may have happened. Otherwise you may unwillingly make the same mistake again.

Sorry...it was lost and found 8 days later thanks to the guys on this page! I couldn’t have found it if it weren’t for the people here! Didn’t mean to be confusing. I was just simply asking could this have possibly been a reason? I know the reason was a failed GPS unit and now that I had it back it’s getting shipped off to DJI for a full analysis. I’ve just heard and seen a lot of bad things about the new firmware. I’ve sent all my information to DJI and they have already confirmed that it was not pilot error

Sorry...it was lost and found 8 days later thanks to the guys on this page! I couldn’t have found it if it weren’t for the people here! Didn’t mean to be confusing. I was just simply asking could this have possibly been a reason? I know the reason was a failed GPS unit and now that I had it back it’s getting shipped off to DJI for a full analysis. I’ve just heard and seen a lot of bad things about the new firmware. I’ve sent all my information to DJI and they have already confirmed that it was not pilot error

I'm pretty sure that your problem was not firmware-related, otherwise the forums would be full of similar reports. It seemed most likely to be hardware failure of the GPS module, but it will be interesting to see if DJI provide any more detail.

Reactions: Kissthesky
Got it. If DJI is sending you a replacement, it will probably have the latest firmware installed.

I'm pretty sure that your problem was not firmware-related, otherwise the forums would be full of similar reports. It seemed most likely to be hardware failure of the GPS module, but it will be interesting to see if DJI provide any more detail.

Looking forward to what their analysis says

Got it. If DJI is sending you a replacement, it will probably have the latest firmware installed.

I don’t know I only had this one for two weeks but I bought it from a certified dealer and not straight from DJI...The new one is coming directly from the factory

I have yet to have a firmware issue, where it caused a problem for me, other than flight restrictions.

Reactions: Kissthesky

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic