New Firmware v3.12

Reaction score
Today (March 3) the latest main controller firmware 3.12 has been released.
The bad and revoked 3.10 seems to be "repaired" and now reborn into 3.12.

Release Notes:

Major New Features
1. No-Fly Zones have been updated to include a 25km radius centered in Washington, DC.
2. The compass calibration program has been optimized to improve reliability.
3. When automatic landing is initiated, users can now continue to control the aircraft’s position and altitude. During
this process, the maximum speed of ascent is 1 m/s.
4. After an automatic landing has been completed and the motors have stopped spinning, users can immediately restart
the motors and begin a new flight.

Special Note
1. It is recommended that the compass be calibrated in an environment that is free from sources of potential
interference. If you become aware of any source of potential interference, move to a different location and calibrate
the compass again. Be aware that underground metal pipes may cause interference when the aircraft is close to the
ground during compass calibration.

So... do horror stories continue, or has anyone loaded and flown 3.12 already - without problems?
The changed/improved compass calibration might be something to be careful with, as a while ago I had a sideways crash (turned out to be a compass calibration problem) after DJI had changed something with this in an earlier firmware also.
Looking forward to hear/read about some reports.

Just updated my vision, nothing special. Seems maybe a little more stable in air. Couldnt calibrate compass tho, Just got alot of red lights..

Allram said:
Just updated my vision, nothing special. Seems maybe a little more stable in air. Couldnt calibrate compass tho, Just got alot of red lights..
If the compass can no longer be calibrated, that sounds very special :eek:

Hughie said:
Allram said:
The compass calibration could have been my fault. I forgot to remove my SmartWatch 2, and i couldnt calibrate it before when i had that on either... :stupid:

OMG!! :eek: A smart watch for smart people. What does the Apple have for dumb people? :roll:

jason said:
OMG!! :eek: A smart watch for smart people. What does the Apple have for dumb people? :roll:
It's Sony, Apple is [emoji107] ;)

Allram said:
Hughie said:
Allram said:
The compass calibration could have been my fault. I forgot to remove my SmartWatch 2, and i couldnt calibrate it before when i had that on either... :stupid:

Whats the connection between SmartWatch and Phantom Calibration. Doesnt the smartwatch use Bluetooth to connect to your phone? I also have LG G watch, I always put it on while calibrating..Am I doing it wrong?

Allram said:
Hughie said:
Allram said:

It's not the smartwatch.
Bit the bullet and upgraded to 3.12 myself too, and after the vertical compass calibration (horizontal goes ok up until green led), I also get the continuously flashing red leds.
Tried a few times now, same result.
But I remember to have had this before, and after like 5 times or so, it kicked in. So I guess I'll just have it sit and try again tomorrow.

Let me know how it goes over there. Thanks.

What do the compass "mods" show on the PC client after the FW update?
Any other changes, such as the gains etc?

Be interested to know if there's anything else changed besides what DJI have admitted to.

TeamYankee said:
What do the compass "mods" show on the PC client after the FW update?
Any other changes, such as the gains etc?

Be interested to know if there's anything else changed besides what DJI have admitted to.

Managed to complete the compass calibration on v3.12 after trying a few times. It would give continuously red flashing leds after the vertical calibration, but you can then of course just power cycle and retry.
After the second time today I succeeded.

Compass data is:

Raw
X: 142 - 146
Y: 48 - 59

Mod: 1792.2 - 1801.4

I should update my P2 sometime. I haven't done it since July last year. Anyone else leave theirs as is?

After new update my phantom kept beeping. Until I restarted it it was okay then.

I was just in my v3.08 firmware and there's no mention of v3.12 in the upgrades. Guess I'll stay put as I have no problems with the compass or anything else. I don't think I can fly LOS from Michigan to DC (600 miles) on a single battery. :lol:

Hi. Newbie question. When is it safe to upgrade? From the computer world that I am used to, they say NEVER do the updates until they have been tried out by those brave early adopters.
There always seems to be bugs in new OS's. I see that DJI had a problem with 3.10. My Phantom 2 (non-vision, bought a few weeks ago) came with 3.08 installed and I've kept it there.
I rather have some bugs on my computer than risk a major problem on my Phantom.
When do you all trust a new firmware release before installing it?
Thanks,
Steve

taxino8 said:
WPSPETE said:
I should update my P2 sometime. I haven't done it since July last year. Anyone else leave theirs as is?

Yes, I'm still on 3.06 and cannot see any real reason to update, it works fine for me as it is.

Awesome thanks. Going to keep it the same for now.

RCblog.nl said:
Today (March 3) the latest main controller firmware 3.12 has been released.
The bad and revoked 3.10 seems to be "repaired" and now reborn into 3.12.

Release Notes:

Major New Features
1. No-Fly Zones have been updated to include a 25km radius centered in Washington, DC.
2. The compass calibration program has been optimized to improve reliability.
3. When automatic landing is initiated, users can now continue to control the aircraft’s position and altitude. During
this process, the maximum speed of ascent is 1 m/s.
4. After an automatic landing has been completed and the motors have stopped spinning, users can immediately restart
the motors and begin a new flight.

Special Note
1. It is recommended that the compass be calibrated in an environment that is free from sources of potential
interference. If you become aware of any source of potential interference, move to a different location and calibrate
the compass again. Be aware that underground metal pipes may cause interference when the aircraft is close to the
ground during compass calibration.

So... do horror stories continue, or has anyone loaded and flown 3.12 already - without problems?
The changed/improved compass calibration might be something to be careful with, as a while ago I had a sideways crash (turned out to be a compass calibration problem) after DJI had changed something with this in an earlier firmware also.
Looking forward to hear/read about some reports.

Does the no fly zone mean that it won't fly past a certain altitude or will it prevent motor spin up? I heard following the "White House" incident that DJI was going to alter their code to not allow the motors to be started. I'm concerned because I'm in Northern VA and probably not 15.5 miles (no fly zone 25km) outside of DC. I don't fly too high and always have it visible to me. I think I'll hold off on any upgrade of code.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav