New Firmware V01.04.0602

Quick question :
When I've done the downgrade, I've only done it with one battery the other one is on the latest one... Should I do the downgrade again for the other battery?

I have the same problem, after relinks etc, the remote is green but it disconnects every couple of minutes, I have to reboot it to connect again. I am using Go 4 for IPAD Air. How can I downgrade the Phantom 4 pro (Not +) RC to the previous firmware?
Hi,
On you PC/laptop using dji assistant 2.
Very easy to do,Google it for instructions.
Regards
Alex

Live video feed is definitely noticeably worse after this update. Looks like DJI might be trying to sneak some range restrictions in...

Capture.JPG
Bad news. And this means that the new poor live feed quality is more complicated than just the hardware decoding issue.

Did a quick test flight last night all seemed to go ok, dji goggles lagged a bit, but was fine on the ipad.....

Reactions: J.T.
I think I figured out why the remotes have to be re-paired/linked.

During my upgrade process, a message came on-screen that said something to the effect of, "Please unplug and replug the USB cable from the drone". Well, I did that a number of times and it was still stuck at 99% and the remote was not linked.

So, I unplugged the cable from the drone and plugged it into the remote, and after sitting for an hour at 99%, it finished and relinked itself.

The on-screen prompt is wrong. It should say "Please unplug the USB cable from the drone and plug it back into the remote controller", or something to that affect.

That's probably what's screwing it up for everybody.

I'm not a complainer, but this is getting quite annoying with DJI. :)

Reactions: Loz
Hi,
And no connection glitch... Video feed up and down?
Not even when the P4 was near you?
You're lucky then..
Hi my friend! Some video transmission signal loss after 1 Km but I flew my Phantom above the city area (a lot of high buildings in the way). I have to test it in open field in order to have a clear view.

Reactions: befr33man
I think I figured out why the remotes have to be re-paired/linked.

During my upgrade process, a message came on-screen that said something to the effect of, "Please unplug and replug the USB cable from the drone". Well, I did that a number of times and it was still stuck at 99% and the remote was not linked.

So, I unplugged the cable from the drone and plugged it into the remote, and after sitting for an hour at 99%, it finished and relinked itself.

The on-screen prompt is wrong. It should say "Please unplug the USB cable from the drone and plug it back into the remote controller", or something to that affect.

That's probably what's screwing it up for everybody.

I'm not a complainer, but this is getting quite annoying with DJI. :)

Yeah I went through the same thing and eventually tried plugging back into the RC. I guess they think we should guess what they want us to do and if that doesn't work then guess again.

Brian

Reactions: That Cicero Guy
Quick question :
When I've done the downgrade, I've only done it with one battery the other one is on the latest one... Should I do the downgrade again for the other battery?

When I downgraded the drone, I did not get prompted to downgrade the batteries. The batteries just updated with the 01.04 drone upgrade before I did the downgrade. I'm not sure if you need to downgrade the batteries.

Now I'm figuring out if I need to downgrade the controller to match. It seems like it's working perfectly.

Last edited:
I used the assistant on my computer. In 10 minutes both my aircraft and RC were updated. I just haven't flown it yet and quite honestly...a little scared to.

So best decision on this FW version is pass?
I would until the dust settles. Frankly all updates always come with a helping of complaints, mostly erroneous, but in this case the sheer number of reports makes me think that there may be some actual problems with this one. Plus we still haven't seen any reports on interoperabilty with 3rd party apps.

Reactions: Whiskey_Throttle
I would until the dust settles. Frankly all updates always come with a helping of complaints, mostly erroneous, but in this case the sheer number of reports makes me think that there may be some actual problems with this one. Plus we still haven't seen any reports on interoperabilty with 3rd party apps.
I just did my first flight after I updated Go app 4 to latest version (Shield K1 on latest Marshmallow) and most of the flight it notices me that Aircraft is disconnected. I have proper video feed but no telemetry. I'm still on FW version before that problematic last one and haven't had those problems before Go4 update. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?

Hi I have the bin file for the previous update for the P4P+ controller. I put it on a mini sd card and popped it into the back of the controller and did a local install. I made sure wifi was turned off.
Where can I find it? I would love to be able to download it. Can you place it on this forum? Is there a location that I can get it from?

I just did my first flight after I updated Go app 4 to latest version (Shield K1 on latest Marshmallow) and most of the flight it notices me that Aircraft is disconnected. I have proper video feed but no telemetry. I'm still on FW version before that problematic last one and haven't had those problems before Go4 update. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
similar issue ... after I did the update I started getting warnings of poor communications with the controller from the aircraft when it was only 40 feet over my head (said interference with 2G WIFI which has not changed regardless of where I am)... Unbelieveable how messed up that is when I previously could be several miles away with no problem.

the dji assistant 2
It is important to note that DJ Assistant 2 ONLY has the previous aircraft firmware available as a choice ... there is NO choice for downloading any previous firmware for the RC units. This basically leaves you only half the way there when trying to downgrade the whole system.

If you turn everything on and open the app and on the main screen click and hold the three line icon in the upper right where the drop down for flight simulator and the like are - a secret menu will appear and allow you to downgrade the RC.

Last edited:
If you turn everything on and open the app and on the main screen click and hold the three line icon in the upper left where the drop down for flight simulator and the like are - a secret menu will appear and allow you to downgrade the RC.
I wish that worked ... I have the + RC with the affixed screen ... there are no lines anywhere on display ... no secret icons I could find ... anyone else know where they are on the Plus version of the P4P?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart