New Firmware V01.04.0602

I saw a video about the white screen during calibration. They said there's an issue with high resolution displays and you have to lower the resolution of your monitor for it to work:

Awesome advice. This worked. Dropped the resolution on the iMac to 1600 x 900 and I was able to do the calibration.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Just did another test with new FW. Video and rc signal broke at 1900m. Not fun!!! Lyckely it returned home! With the previous FW I went to 2000m and still had full signal on both. This is when I turned around. I will downgrade to the previous FW cause this one it not stable!

Hi,
How unlucky I'm I?
Just brought the drone and started to prepare for the first flight... Update done.... All went OK, in house the video feed was dodgy as hell... Told myself maybe due to the sound system or whatever... Went to fly... Same thing.
Luckily went back and checked this forum... Right now I'm downgrading hopefully this will work... I've waited so long to fly this!

Thanks
Alex

LE:
Downgraded and went for the maiden flight...
Everything works now, even on terrible wind. Amazing pice of kit, I must say I'm really impressed with it.
My advice, downgrade and wait for the next firmware.

Last edited:
Reactions: picky and rahlback
Awesome advice. This worked. Dropped the resolution on the iMac to 1600 x 900 and I was able to do the calibration.
Good deal Kman. Hey don't you think the VPS calibrate is kinda sketchy though. It seems a little weird as you jump around following the blue areas. Just seemed like it went really quick to me. LOL But it worked.

where can I find and download the RC firmware and drone update just prior to this last one?

Hi,
How unlucky I'm I?
Just brought the drone and started to prepare for the first flight... Update done.... All went OK, in house the video feed was dodgy as hell... Told myself maybe due to the sound system or whatever... Went to fly... Same thing.
Luckily went back and checked this forum... Right now I'm downgrading hopefully this will work... I've waited so long to fly this!

Thanks
Alex

LE:
Downgraded and went for the maiden flight...
Everything works now, even on terrible wind. Amazing pice of kit, I must say I'm really impressed with it.
My advice, downgrade and wait for the next firmware.
where did you get your files from to downgrade and what were the steps to do it?

Firmware Update for the Phantom 4 Pro (V 01.04.0602)
and Advanced (V 01.00.0128) released.

What’s New?

1. Updated No-Fly Zone Management.

2. Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home.

3. To ensure safety, the flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged
into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.

4. Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight

5. Optimized obstacle sensing to reduce detection errors at high altitudes. (Phantom 4 Advanced Only)

++++
Thanks for the info. Does anyone know how long you have before you must update. I have a P4 std and do not have much experiences with computers or the ability to trouble shoot when many things happen related to computers.

I really would like to wait until I am sure all the bugs are out hopefully after any tweaks from DJI but do not want to be somewhere hoping to fly and be severely limited. I am 10 miles from nearest airport and follow the rules but hate to wind up it a block of plastic that does not fly

Any advise on how long I can wait before updating. So far I turned on P4 and it did not say I need to upgrade yet.

Walter

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know how long you have before you must update. I have a P4 std and do not have much experiences with computers or the ability to trouble shoot when many things happen related to computers.

I really would like to wait until I am sure all the bugs are out hopefully after any tweaks from DJI but do not want to be somewhere hoping to fly and be severely limited. I am 10 miles from nearest airport and follow the rules but hate to wind up it a block of plastic that does not fly

Any advise on how long I can wait before updating. So far I turned on P4 and it did not say I need to upgrade yet.

Walter

Does this update include the Phantom 4 or just the Phantom Pro and the Phantom Advanced?

Any advise on how long I can wait before updating.
You do not have to update at all as long as you do not update anything else in the system (aircraft firmware, controller firmware, DJI GO app.) All components must have compatible software running but as long as none of the individual pieces are updated then you will be OK (you may be 'offered' the update but you do not have to accept it.) Of course if you never update you will not be able to make use of any new features added in the future, but for some this may be a worthwhile tradeoff.

No more "hardware decode" option in the GO4 app as well...could partly explain the poor live feed issues some are having..

will it be back? Why would they remove it if it worked well ??? Seems like they should build on things that work ...not make it worse :-(

I gave up for tonight ... I took my aircraft P4P+ back one level successfully but couldn't revert the RC back. No previous file to use and no instructions on how to do it since they removed that ability from DJI Assistant 2 app. So ... I put it all back to the latest version ... for now. This is all a PIA that shouldn't have occurred if they adaquately tested their SW for bugs !!! So with this version I have to change to the 5G comm setting every time I reconnect the aircraft (get 2G comm error weak/interference signal warnings) and the aircraft can be 50 feet above me and it sends me weak signal errors from the controller ... never had ANY issues with the previous version of firmware and software loaded in May. Sure hope they release a "fix" to all of this ASAP.

I gave up for tonight ... I took my aircraft P4P+ back one level successfully but couldn't revert the RC back. No previous file to use and no instructions on how to do it since they removed that ability from DJI Assistant 2 app. So ... I put it all back to the latest version ... for now. This is all a PIA that shouldn't have occurred if they adaquately tested their SW for bugs !!! So with this version I have to change to the 5G comm setting every time I reconnect the aircraft (get 2G comm error weak/interference signal warnings) and the aircraft can be 50 feet above me and it sends me weak signal errors from the controller ... never had ANY issues with the previous version of firmware and software loaded in May. Sure hope they release a "fix" to all of this ASAP.
Hi I have the bin file for the previous update for the P4P+ controller. I put it on a mini sd card and popped it into the back of the controller and did a local install. I made sure wifi was turned off.

will it be back? Why would they remove it if it worked well ??? Seems like they should build on things that work ...not make it worse :-(

DJI has the biggest piece of **** programming team. They have absolutely ZERO quality testing and they consistently release buggy crap without learning lessons. And they could care less about their customers once they have purchased the product.

Of course I read the entirety of this thread as I'm in the middle of rolling back my firmware...

I also updated RC and P4P and had no Image transmission first, then eventually no contact with the aircraft. I tried refreshing the latest firmware via Assistant with no joy. I'm rolling back right now, but I'll re-up to the latest and try re-linking the RC.

I have the same problem, after relinks etc, the remote is green but it disconnects every couple of minutes, I have to reboot it to connect again. I am using Go 4 for IPAD Air. How can I downgrade the Phantom 4 pro (Not +) RC to the previous firmware?

Hi everyone! Today I tried the new firmware on my Phantom 4 Pro. I went about 1 km away and my height was about 120 meters. Camera works great and I tried to change resolutions between flight successfully. The only strange thing was the RTH function which I previously set to 30 meters and my bird came back without descending too much and auto landed from 120 meters height approximately, propably didn't manage to do the descend correct because I enable RTH in a very close distance from my position.

Hi everyone! Today I tried the new firmware on my Phantom 4 Pro. I went about 1 km away and my height was about 120 meters. Camera works great and I tried to change resolutions between flight successfully. The only strange thing was the RTH function which I previously set to 30 meters and my bird came back without descending too much and auto landed from 120 meters height approximately, propably didn't manage to do the descend correct because I enable RTH in a very close distance from my position.
Hi,
And no connection glitch... Video feed up and down?
Not even when the P4 was near you?
You're lucky then..

Reactions: GUSPMETAL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT