New Firmware update for DJ I Phantom 4 Today

Reaction score
Does any one know what will be included with the new firmware update for the Phantom 4?? Went to log onto my phantom this morning and it popped up new firmware update! ugh

Does any one know what will be included with the new firmware update for the Phantom 4?? Went to log onto my phantom this morning and it popped up new firmware update! ugh

Did you update the app software a few weeks back? Or, is this a new update released today-June 8, 2017?

I see no option for any firmware update for the regular P4. This is both through the regular app (checked both Android and iOS) and via DJI PC Assistant. Both show same V01.02.0602 as current.

Was the latest (dreaded) App update and this firmware update related, or a separate independent DJI action? If they are tied , in some way, then we were not told the truth about the real reason for the App update.

NOTE also, that the Forum DJI representatives are conspicuously remaining silent on the "mandated" firmware update. i.e. msinger

Unless we comply, our drones are held hostage.......interesting!

Very disappointed!!

Phantom 4, nothing changed..?

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 809
I got that too today when connecting with the GO 4 app..Seemed to request a log-in and inferred a firmware update for the P4, but just for the hell of it, connected the P4 to Flight Assistant to make sure and even did a refresh, but the firmware remains at the last November version. I still think alot of it is just bad translation between here and China. or to quote from Cool Hand Luke..."what we have here, is a failure to communicate".

Like any software or firmware update these days.. early adopter beware. My p4 works fine so i simply dont update apps or firmware. If i do and they brick me or reduce features add limits id be kicking myself. If it aint broke... dont fix it!

Was the latest (dreaded) App update and this firmware update related, or a separate independent DJI action? If they are tied , in some way, then we were not told the truth about the real reason for the App update.
Unless we comply, our drones are held hostage.......interesting!
Very disappointed!!
Ease up on the paranoia.
Yes, the firmware is related to the recent app update but that's not indicative of anything sinister.
Here's what's new for this firmware:
What’s New?
1. Updated No-Fly Zone Management.
2. Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home.
3. To ensure safety, the flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.
4. Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight
5. Optimized obstacle sensing to reduce detection errors at high altitudes. (Phantom 4 Advanced Only)

Your drone is not held hostage and you are not forced to update.
NOTE also, that the Forum DJI representatives are conspicuously remaining silent on the "mandated" firmware update. i.e. msinger
btw .. There are no DJI representatives on this forum, just lots of helpful people.

I do not work for DJI and I don't represent them. I'm just a Phantom fanatic (like you).

I always install all firmware updates since I like to take advantage of the latest features and fixes. I've never felt my drone was being held hostage.

Ease up on the paranoia.
Yes, the firmware is related to the recent app update but that's not indicative of anything sinister.
Here's what's new for this firmware:
What’s New?
1. Updated No-Fly Zone Management.
2. Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home.
3. To ensure safety, the flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight.
4. Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight
5. Optimized obstacle sensing to reduce detection errors at high altitudes. (Phantom 4 Advanced Only)

Your drone is not held hostage and you are not forced to update.

btw .. There are no DJI representatives on this forum, just lots of helpful people.
So what you are saying is that you have to use the dji go app AND you must have internet access while you fly or you will be limited. I'm sorry, no disrespect what so ever but I just don't see them doing that. As we are pushed farther out of the city's and into the wilderness they can't expect us to maintain an internet connection or fly in beginner mode basically. That just can't be. The notice I got today said you have to log in after installation or be limited but it doesn't say I have to stay logged in. In fact it says the opposite.

And how many otherwise legit warranty claims do they reject because the pilot was using litchi? That saves them millions in claims that would have had to warranty. I'm sure dji would rather you use a third party app during your warranty period. Thats just free money.

So what you are saying is that you have to use the dji go app AND you must have internet access while you fly or you will be limited. I'm sorry, no disrespect what so ever but I just don't see them doing that. As we are pushed farther out of the city's and into the wilderness they can't expect us to maintain an internet connection or fly in beginner mode basically. That just can't be. The notice I got today said you have to log in after installation or be limited but it doesn't say I have to stay logged in. In fact it says the opposite.
No ...that's not what I'm saying at all.
I just posted the What's new straight from DJI.
I'm sure their (confusing) wording will be interpreted in all sorts of ways (again).
I wouldn't expect DJI to prevent you flying without an internet connection - it wouldn't make any sense if they did.
And how many otherwise legit warranty claims do they reject because the pilot was using litchi? That saves them millions in claims that would have had to warranty. I'm sure dji would rather you use a third party app during your warranty period. Thats just free money.
DJI don't refuse warranty just because the Phantom was being flown with Litchi.
But if you fly with a 3rd party app and can't produce the Phantom after losing it, they don't have the recorded data in the Phantom to back up the claim.
If there's a definite problem with the Phantom and you can hand over the wreckage, you stand a good chance of a warranty claim whatever app you fly with.

Reactions: That Cicero Guy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.