New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions

Not sure about that. I don't know that anyone tried that and documented it during testing. The could especially work if there is no GPS at the transmitter! Ill have to give that a shot!
Thank you for your help! Please keep us posted on your testing!:cool:

I had my first flight after the firmware update. The only thing I noticed is my throttle seems more sensitive. Even a very small input on the forward/backward makes it move somewhat quickly. I'll have to tune my settings for the RC

Ok weather cleared and was able to fly today.

When recording in 2.7K 30 fps the video feed is jerky.
Going back to 1080P 60fps is fine.

Also other issue I had is the VPS was showing randomly under 3m height when i was 200 m above home point, probably 100 m or more above the ground.

No problems with range I had 1.5km and plenty of signal strength.

iphone 6plus, no hardware acceleration.
samsung 32gb eve micro sd card.

Ok weather cleared and was able to fly today.

When recording in 2.7K 30 fps the video feed is jerky.
Going back to 1080P 60fps is fine.

Also other issue I had is the VPS was showing randomly under 3m height when i was 200 m above home point, probably 100 m or more above the ground.

No problems with range I had 1.5km and plenty of signal strength.

iphone 6plus, no hardware acceleration.
samsung 32gb eve micro sd card.
VPS above 15 feet off the ground is just random noise and should be ignored. Supposedly, they removed VPS data from the .SRT file, but it still shows up on mine after the update. It's all over the place at higher elevations, usually between 0 and 3 meters.

The bottom right corner shows distance from home point and that was alternating with VPS, sounds like you have the same as I have. No looked at data file yet.

Oh the other thing I forgot to add is when the POI activate screen is in place it covers the camera controls, it would be nice to be able to move this overlay so I could change camera settings.

Did anyone test the following combination? Aicraft FW version 1.4.10, RC FW version 1.2.6?

My bird is on 1.3.20, but I can't get my GL300B to upgrade to that version using DJI Go on my Android phone. There are quite a few threads mentioning issues upgrading the GL300B, saying that USB won't work, but the GO app should work. Still, I can't get the GO app to upgrade it either, so I'm wondering if it's safe to leave the RC alone and use v1.2.6 with the new aircraft firmware.

Did anyone test the following combination? Aicraft FW version 1.4.10, RC FW version 1.2.6?

My bird is on 1.3.20, but I can't get my GL300B to upgrade to that version using DJI Go on my Android phone. There are quite a few threads mentioning issues upgrading the GL300B, saying that USB won't work, but the GO app should work. Still, I can't get the GO app to upgrade it either, so I'm wondering if it's safe to leave the RC alone and use v1.2.6 with the new aircraft firmware.

I managed to do the update using an iOS device, so I got 1.3.20 on the RC now.

Oh the other thing I forgot to add is when the POI activate screen is in place it covers the camera controls, it would be nice to be able to move this overlay so I could change camera settings.
That's deinitely an issue and not good...the biggest advantage of the autonomous flying modes is to concentrate fully on the photography!

The bottom right corner shows distance from home point and that was alternating with VPS, sounds like you have the same as I have. No looked at data file yet.
I hadn't seen that. I'll look for it. That could be a good thing if you want to orbit just off the ground around a car or another low object. You would want to monitor the height above ground closely and VPS would be used if under 15 feet.

Once you have enabled multi flight mode there is no way to move the screen overlay that sits over the camera controls on iPhone 6 +.

Tried again this evening, the camera controls move off screen and the flight mode control goes there.

I tried hardware acceleration and it does seem smoother.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z