New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions

Question on waypoints. Can you save them for later? As in, can I fly & save a route today and it will be available for me to use tomorrow?

Can you take down the bird, replace the battery then fly the preplanned route or will the route reset when the bird reconnects to the app? Your unable to do really long missions because u lose the battery life by pre-flying. So it takes 2X the battery power for 1 flight route.

At the risk of starting a war, I would like someone to explain - with actual factual info - why an IMU calibration is "necessary" if the system tells you it isn't, and all of the sensor values are the same as they were before the firmware upgrade? I'm trying to pick a scab, but so often "conventional wisdom" is grounded more in custom than in fact.

There is no documented reason. The only time a IMU calibration should really be required after an update is if the past IMU cal. data is wiped during the update. Which would lead to a warning that the IMU needs calibrated. Unfortunately, that doesn't work with logic. As we have seen in several instances, a compass calibration WAS needed, even though there was no warning of its need, and there was no indication by observing the compass MOD value.
In the end, documented or not, those ritualistic calibration activities obviously CAN have some value.

Question on waypoints. Can you save them for later? As in, can I fly & save a route today and it will be available for me to use tomorrow?
I heard something about "favorite route". Idk
After, or possibly during, you record you mission there is a star in the top right corner of the planning window. That is the FAVORITE button of sorts. His that and it will be saved for future use. I'm not sure where the data is actually saved though. In the P3? In the Controller? Or in the app?

I still can't find anything in the User Manual that tells how to set POI up. Can someone help me .... point me to the page(s).
Thanks ....

Waypoints are useless. 500M distance limit from homepoint. That wont even cover a farm field. FAIL but at least Litchi still works fine.

There is no documented reason. The only time a IMU calibration should really be required after an update is if the past IMU cal. data is wiped during the update. Which would lead to a warning that the IMU needs calibrated. Unfortunately, that doesn't work with logic. As we have seen in several instances, a compass calibration WAS needed, even though there was no warning of its need, and there was no indication by observing the compass MOD value.
In the end, documented or not, those ritualistic calibration activities obviously CAN have some value.

You don't really have too ( Period ) Some like to and standby it. ( You won't change them )
I looked at mine before doing it this morning, the readings were the same before and after no change.
I would check the MUI and if it says OKAY your good to go. Look at your MOD values if they look fine you are.

I don't think anyone is saying it's the word of Law so that's it huh? Rested

500m as in the height limit or a new waypoint 500m limit that never existed before?
So you can, for example, set a 2 point mission to fly from 500 meters away from the home point at 3m altitude to a waypoint 1km away, at 500m altitude

I can't seem to get the Remote to update firmware (via USB)
Saw comment that anything after 1.3.20 was via IOS

Also saw something that said RC update not required,
I'm just wondering if others are getting their RC updated.

Using an Iphone 6 with App Version 2.2.0

No warnings/comments about needing an update
just thought it would all match.

What (if anything) am I missing?

Reactions: Poundofnuts
Well only a few hours to go.

Looking forward to installing.
Flight POI and 2.7k for my advanced.
Does anyone know what software versions should be displayed in the GO App after the latest firmware update has been completed?

I'm seeing the following:
Aircraft: v1.3.20+
App: v2.2.0
RC: v1.3.20

I'm not sure this is correct. It seems to me that the Aircraft and RC should be showing v1.4.0010, or something close to it.

Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94