New Firmware Rumor

Reaction score
Somebody on the P3 Owners group is stating that a firmware update is s coming out this week which will enable SDK apps. Says he got the info from a DJI developer group on Google.

Just reporting what I heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: taroh
Reactions: Jse Debanne
I just updated to 1.2.8 and now I'm sorry I did. Seeing the bars on the video screen, I swear the range is severely limited now as well. Never had a problem with losing a signal before. I'll be updating when this new firmware comes out too in hopes it will resolve these issues.

Some SDK enabled firmware has already been released today for both the P3P and P3A if you are interested in trying way points, GS, follow me type third party applications.

I dare say these updates will include a number of other non-SDK bug fixes, if not all of them, with the soon to be released public firmware. Don't quote me on that though.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/dji-ultimate-flight---phantom-3/E1CheCQlzC0/mduZhtdhjUcJ
Scotty, do you have a list of these apps? I'd love to know.

Stephen

I have a level 2 developers license and received all info in the mentioned email this morning. It speaks only about SDK & Beta related material. It gives links for all the mentioned downloads for the developers to begin getting their apps to work as they should. There is nothing in the email that speaks of a upcoming firmware update. What you see below is the only part that is not full of links to a developers area that requires a login.

We are delighted to inform you that the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced has been added to the support list related to the latest release of the Mobile SDK, v2.1. This means that developers can now create their own app for the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced.

Summary of Updates:

1. Added support for the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced.
2. Additional camera and gimbal API functions for the DJI Phantom 3 Professional.
3. Various bugs fixed.

I personally would like to see a firmware update this week, and I wouldn't be mad if it showed up tomorrow.

I read that someone on another forum has been using a pre-release firmware and was so far so good. Hopefully we will get it soon.

I have received a mail from SDK Developers

To avoid this issue, we ask the all prospective beta testers refrain from updating their P3P's firmware to v1.2.6, provided that they have not done so already. This is a problem we hope to see solved soon, as we have seen that DJI already has another firmware update in public beta testing.

They have seen it ))) We will be waiting.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl