New firmware release for aircraft and battery for Phantom 3 Advanced

• Thread starter Deleted member 39682
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 39682

Dear Members,
I installed the new firmware last night.
Aircraft and Battery update.
This one was a little tricky, normally after I update the firmware and it is
successful the battery updates at the same time.
Then I format the SD card to remove the new bin file.
I believe this is suggested by DJI.
The problem I ran into was when I changed batteries for my second flight the DJI GO app. Warned me my battery needed to be updated. I reinstalled the firmware to the aircraft and install my extra 3 batteries, they all updated successfully and then I formatted the SD card.
All is good.
Best Regards,
William E Burrows Jr.

Dear Members,
I installed the new firmware last night.
Aircraft and Battery update.
This one was a little tricky, normally after I update the firmware and it is
successful the battery updates at the same time.
Then I format the SD card to remove the new bin file.
I believe this is suggested by DJI.
The problem I ran into was when I changed batteries for my second flight the DJI GO app. Warned me my battery needed to be undated. I reinstalled the firmware to the aircraft and install my extra 3 batteries, they all updated successfully and then I formatted the SD card.

DJI does mention this but it could be more clear:

"Notes: 1. Users are advised to update all the Intelligent Flight Batteries with this All-in-One firmware."

I added the bold.

I have _no_ idea why DJI 1) does not spend the extra 30 seconds to put out a decent instruction file and 2) why it's no longer included in the compressed file containing the firmware. I'm sure it would only benefit a few thousand people for that extra 30 seconds of work.

Reactions: lenmcgilvary
A few quick questions for those in the know.. I installed 1.6 firmware last night, the text file read success afterwards so that's good.. so to be sure this is an update for aircraft and batteries only, NOT the remote controller, correct? Currently I am running the latest GO app, 1.6 on the bird, and 1.57 on the RC. Is that the latest firmware version for the controller? Also, the first time I installed 1.6 on the bird it took almost 15 minutes before I heard the sound indicating it was done..When I put in the second battery and ran the install again (to update the second battery) I got the "done" sound in only three minutes.. Is that correct, or should it have taken as long as the first time? Lastly, how can I check to see if the batteries correctly updated? Thanks in advance for all replies..

A few quick questions for those in the know.. I installed 1.6 firmware last night, the text file read success afterwards so that's good.. so to be sure this is an update for aircraft and batteries only, NOT the remote controller, correct? Currently I am running the latest GO app, 1.6 on the bird, and 1.57 on the RC. Is that the latest firmware version for the controller? Also, the first time I installed 1.6 on the bird it took almost 15 minutes before I heard the sound indicating it was done..When I put in the second battery and ran the install again (to update the second battery) I got the "done" sound in only three minutes.. Is that correct, or should it have taken as long as the first time? Lastly, how can I check to see if the batteries correctly updated? Thanks in advance for all replies..

This is correct, the initial update takes much longer than updating each additional battery.

As robb01 mentioned, this is correct. The first time you're updating the aircraft and battery, so it takes much longer. On subsequent rounds, it's just the battery, which is why it only take a couple minutes.

NOTE: INSTALLED ON BRAND NEW DRONE

I received my P3 Advanced on 12/22/15 with FW version 1.4. Flew 2 times with 1.4 with no issues. I did not try FW 1.5, so I had none of the reported issues and effectively no pre-existing wear or damage to the drone.

Updated P3 to 1.6 on 12/25/15. Also updated RC to latest version and updated battery. All FW updates took on the first try, took my time and didn't rush it.

So far, no problems. Currently flying in mid 30 F weather. Can still exceed 30 MPH, however I ensure the battery is at indoor room temp before flying. Flown two flights after the update and did not discharge battery beyond 20% in order to avoid cold weather battery problems.

Healthydrones.com is also not showing any abnormalities.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl