New Firmware date is set.

So way points is not a true ground station where you can set a pre-flight autonomous mission, BUMMER!
Also no 2.7K for pro doesn't make much sense unless there is some hardware conflict which doesn't seem likely.

I think I'll wait and see how this actually works and hope it's due to poor phrasing on the part of Mr. Romeo.

I think I'll wait and see how this actually works and hope it's due to poor phrasing on the part of Mr. Romeo.
Blade is talking about it on RCG. He has been using the firmware for awhile now. Says you can save the route for later use but still have to fly first to set up.

Reactions: witold
Blade is talking about it on RCG. He has been using the firmware for awhile now. Says you can save the route for later use but still have to fly first to set up.

that might not be so bad....maybe even helps a bit...assuming you have never seen "the view" from your anticipated route with waypoints...you can fine tune, to make sure you have the desired waypoint first...then do your shots or whatever...i think i might want to "see what i see" before i decide its a good route to take....who knows...im new

Reactions: gfredrone

Not sure what use it will be for me, then, but that's ok. My main interests are POI and home lock. Will follow along hoping for insights from others who find a use for it.

that might not be so bad....maybe even helps a bit...assuming you have never seen "the view" from your anticipated route with waypoints...you can fine tune, to make sure you have the desired waypoint first...then do your shots or whatever...i think i might want to "see what i see" before i decide its a good route to take....who knows...im new

Sounds reasonable.

Not sure what use it will be for me, then, but that's ok. My main interests are POI and home lock. Will follow along hoping for insights from others who find a use for it.

it allows you to do cool stuff like linear or odd shaped POI. map a course, frame your shots, and
Sound more like multi-point cable cam. Any idea if it will set the camera position and pan between waypoints?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32593742&postcount=35122

I think the requirement of flying the route first is to prevent you from plotting a route 4 miles from you are. You have no idea what is going on out that far I imagine. This will keep those irresponsible flyers from doing dumb stuff I guess. Why they didn't use the early GS method is anyone's guess. The old "point to a spot on a map and send it on it's way" are over? Or is that something the SDK'rs can use to their benefit.

Reactions: ViperNuke
I think the requirement of flying the route first is to prevent you from plotting a route 4 miles from you are. You have no idea what is going on out that far I imagine. This will keep those irresponsible flyers from doing dumb stuff I guess. Why they didn't use the early GS method is anyone's guess. The old "point to a spot on a map and send it on it's way" are over? Or is that something the SDK'rs can use to their benefit.

Maybe, but limitations could be designed into the software to limit the range.

Reactions: JamesD
Newbie stupid question:

Whats the name of the function that allows make a 360º flight arounf a object?

Does it alread avaible?

Yes SDK Devs ca nstill implement that method to their app... Litchi is one good example...

Reactions: JBG

Maybe Blade needs to get his ego back over here and start briefing where it counts. This is the audience, not RCG. That place is ridiculous. If you have to first fly the stinkin' route then AP is not AP at all, it is pretty useless in fact.

I think there has been pressure applied from outside DJI to not allow flying route completely autonomously without doing it first manually.

Maybe Blade needs to get his ego back over here and start briefing where it counts. This is the audience, not RCG. That place is ridiculous. If you have to first fly the stinkin' route then AP is not AP at all, it is pretty useless in fact.

RCG is like going to the library while PP is like going to the bar. Both are useful at times but the bar is always more fun.

So on the other place 1 AM pacific time MONDAY is the eta.

9 am BST time

10 am CEU time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.